- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Human IGFBP-1 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGFBP1, IGFBP-1) in human serum, plasma, body fluids, tissue lysates and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 1.0 pg/ml.
Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1 or IBP-1) is also called by many other names which include placental protein-12, growth hormone independent binding protein, binding protein-25, 26 and 28, amniotic fluid binding protein(AFBP) and alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin. It is a low molecular weight protein that is synthesised by the liver, secretory endometrium or decidua. There is also evidence that it is present in human serum. IGFBP-1 has the ability to bind with high affinity to insulin-like growth factors IGF-I and IGF-II, binding of this protein can prolong the half-life of IGFs as well as altering their interaction with cell surface receptors. IGFBP1 is described as a paracrine regulator for cell growth.
IGF-binding proteins are known to expressed at a number of different concentrations, in many cells and have vital roles in regulating the activity of IGF I and II. The IGF-binding protein gene is organized in four exons and spans 5.9 kb, it is a single copy gene that is located on chromosome 7. The standard used in the following IGFBP-1 ELISA kit is a recombinant human IGFBP1 that is made up of 234 amino acids with a total molecular mass of 25KDa.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGFBP1) using current human IGFBP-1 ELISA kit was approximately 1.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.2 – 2000.0 ng/ml.
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1: recent findings and new directions. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. (1997) 216 (3): 319-57. Review. Lee P.D., et al.
- The gene for insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 is localized to human chromosomal region 7p14-p12. Genomics (1990) 6: 413-418. Ekstrand, J., et al.
- Organization of the gene encoding the insulin-like growth factor binding protein IBP-1. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. (1988) 157: 898-907. Brinkman, A., et al.
- Multifaceted roles for IGFBP-1 in human endometrium during implantation and pregnancy. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (1997) 828: 146-56. Review. Giudice LC.
- Regulation of IGFBP-1 in humans. Prog Growth Factor Res. (1995) 6 (2-4): 449-56. Review. Brismar K., Hilding A. and Lindgren B.
- Full Name: Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1 (IGFBP-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: < 1.0 pg/ml