Human inhibin B II, Gen ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring human inhibin B in human serum and plasma (lithium, heparin). This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 2.6 pg/ml.
Inhibin B consists of a dimer of 2 homologous subunits, an alpha subunit and beta B subunit. These are found to be secreted in males by sertoli cells of the testes and in females by granulosa cells of the ovary. In males, the levels of inhibin B is found to be much greater in men with apparently normal fertility when compared to those with abnormal spermatogenesis and infertility. This has caused many researcher to believe that serum inhibin B when used alongside FSH can provide greater sensitivity marker for spermatogenesis than FSH used alone.
Another function of human inhibin B is to provide a useful marker for ovarian reserve, the most common tests that are used to assess ovarian reserve include: FSH (day 3), inhibin B (day 3) and anti-mullerian hormone levels. The concentrations of human inhibin B determined in serum in the early follicular phase of the menstrual cycle (usually at day 3) is a good reflection of the number of follicles in the ovary. The amount of human inhibin B measured in serum directly reflects the number of follicles in the ovary (i.e. the higher the levels of inhibin B the greater the number of ovarian follicles present).
The following human inhibin B II, Gen ELISA kit is intended for many different diagnostic applications. Inhibin B is found to be a suitable serum marker for epithelial tumors of the mucinous type where between 55-60% patients tested displayed elevated levels of human inhibin B. Also over 90% patients with granulosa cell tumors were found with elevated inhibin B concentrations, this represented a value which was around 60-fold greater that the reference range value.
INHIBIN B II, GEN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Inhibin B Coated Microtitration Plate (strips): Coated with mouse monoclonal anti human inhibin B antigen immobilized to the inside wall of each well.
- Biotin Conjugate Concentrate: Contains human inhibin B antibody.
- Streptavidin-Enzyme Conjugate: Conjugated HRP in buffer with protein (fish) and < 10% methanol.
- Assay Buffer.
- Biotin Conjugate Diluent.
- TMB Chromogen Solution.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate.
- Stopping Solution: 0.2 M sulfuric acid.
Please note that Inhibin B Gen II Calibrators and Controls are not provided with this kit and need to be purchased separately. Please contact us for the more information.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of inhibin B using current human inhibin B II, Gen ELISA kit was approximately 2.6 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 11.0 – 977.0 pg/ml.
- Inhibin B in male reproduction: pathophysiology and clinical relevance. Eur J Endocrinol. (2001) 145 (5): 561-71. Review. Meachem S.J., et al.
- Regulation of inhibin production in the human male and its clinical applications. Int J Androl. (2000) 23 (3): 136-44. Review. Anderson R.A. and Sharpe R.M.
- Solely inhibin B producing ovarian tumour as a cause of secondary amenorrhoea with hot flushes: case report and review of literature. Hum Reprod. (2012) 27 (4): 1144-8. van Liempt S.W., et al.
- Inhibins and adult ovarian function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. (2004) 225 (1-2): 37-44. Review. Laven J.S. and Fauser B.C.
- Full Name: Inhibin B II, Gen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Lithium Heparin Plasma
- Sensitivity: 2.6 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS