- Created on the 20 February, 2017.
Inhibin A ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring dimeric inhibin A in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 1.0 pg/ml.
Inhibin A is found to be the predominant form of inhibin within the maternal circulation after 4 weeks of gestation. Even though currently the precise biological role of it during pregnancy is unknown, there are many studies which indicate that inhibin A may be a better maker for placental function than human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) due to its shorter half-life. There have also many applications for determining levels of inhibin A during the early stages of pregnancy such as preeclampsia, miscarriage, fetal growth restriction and Down’s syndrome (Trisomy 21).
Inhibin A has also been used as a suitable markers for epithelial tumors of the mucinous type where over 20% of cases having displayed elevated levels of inhibin A. It has also been reported that approx. 70% of granulosa cell tumors show elevated levels too, the frequency of these elevations seems to vary among different studies which is likely due to difference in specificities of the antibodies utilised for analysis. However, inhibin A has been found to have a limited role as an ovarian cancer marker during pre-menopausal women because the circulating levels are higher and tend to fluctuate throughout the menstrual cycle. The following inhibin A ELISA kit is intended to help diagnose and monitor a number of different hormonal reproductive disorders.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of inhibin A using current human inhibin A ELISA kit was approximately 1.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 9.5 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
- Inhibins as diagnostic markers in human reproduction. Adv Clin Chem. (2008) 45: 1-29. Review. Tsigkou A., et al.
- Clinical application of inhibin a measurement: prenatal serum screening for Down syndrome. Semin Reprod Med. (2004) 22 (3): 235-42. Review. Lambert-Messerlian G.M. and Canick J.A.
- Measurement of inhibin A and activin A in pregnancy–possible diagnostic applications. Mol Cell Endocrinol. (2001) 180 (1-2): 117-21. Review. Ledger WL.
- A summary analysis of Down syndrome markers in the late first trimester. Adv Clin Chem. (2007) 43: 177-210. Review. Palomaki G.E., et al.
- Full Name: Inhibin A ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 pg/ml