Viral diseases are becoming one of the most common type of infectious diseases, these are caused by tiny organisms which lead to mild to severe illnesses in humans, animals and plants. These virus particles need to attack a host cell and take over its machinery in order for them to multiply and grow, this process leads to infected cells producing viral particles instead of its own products.
Many viral illnesses from a wide range of severity may occur during a lifetime, examples include: chickenpox, hepatitis, influenza, measles, gastroenteritis, infectious mononucleosis, meningitis, pneumonia, dengue and HIV/AIDS. Viral diagnostics is now rapidly becoming mainstream for clinical medicine due to the convergence of many independent developments such as the dramatic progress in antiviral therapeutics, advanced technological developments in nucleic acid chemistry and better molecular techniques into the management of chronic viral infections. These developments are not only increasing the use of viral diagnostic but are reshaping this field.
Viral diseases can be put into two kinds of groupings:
- Vector-Borne Disease: Classical example for this include dengue fever, west nile and chikungunya. This represent nearly half of the world’s population and results in high mortality and morbidity. Outbreaks of these viral diseases in endemic areas are reflected in the increase in the number of infected travellers that return from these areas. They are extremely prevalent in the tropics and subtropics, whilst relatively rare in temperate zones.
- Vaccination Management: Common examples include mumps, measles and rubella (MMR). These are systemic viral infections that are caused by paramyxovirus or rubella virus, highly infectious where the illness can spread by droplets from infected people. Many countries have introduced a two-dose vaccination program of MMR vaccine for children, since outbreaks of mumps and measles is rising where the vaccination coverage is reduced.
POPULAR VIRAL DISEASE ELISA Kits
- Adenovirus ELISA Kit
- Cytomegalovirus ELISA Kit
- Chikungunya ELISA Kit
- Epstein-Barr Virus ELISA Kit
- Herpes Simplex Virus ELISA Kit
- Influenza A/B ELISA Kit
- Measles ELISA Kit
- Mumps ELISA Kit
- Parainfluenza ELISA Kit
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus ELISA Kit
- Rubella ELISA Kit