Rat/Mouse IGFBP-3 ELISA kit is intended for detecting quantitative amounts of mouse or rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3, IGFBP3) using serum, plasma and cell culture media samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.09 ng/ml.
IGFBP-3 is the major carrier of somatomedin C (also known as IGF-1), it is made up of stable complexes consisting of either IGF-1, IGF-2 or ALS (acid labile subunit). These growth factors can then be transported through the blood stream. The blood levels of these proteins can be regulated by human growth hormone (hGH). It has been found that the concentration of IGFBP-3 is the greatest during puberty and childhood and then it decreases during adulthood. The protein has been found to exert anti-proliferative effect on a number of cell types through blocking the ability of IGF-1 or IGF-2 to activate the IGF1 receptor. Evidence from cell growth experiments, epidemiological and cancer models indicates that IGFBP-3 might be functioning as a low penetrance tumor suppressor gene.
RAT/MOUSE IGFBP-3 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-mouse/rat IGFBP-3 antibody.
- Standards A-G: Lyophilised, concentrations are between 0.078 – 5 ng/ml (0.078, 0.156, 0.313, 0.625, 1.25 2.5 and 5 ng/ml).
- Dilution Buffer.
- Control Sera KS1 and KS2.
- Antibody Conjugate.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape.
The standard range of mouse and rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) using current rat/mouse IGFBP3 ELISA kit was approximately 0.09 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.039 – 25 ng/ml.
- Recombinant IGFBP-3 inhibits allergic lung inflammation, VEGF production, and vascular leak in a mouse model of asthma. Allergy. (2012) 67 (7): 869-77. Kim S.R., et al.
- IGFBP-3 is a metastasis suppression gene in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. (2011) 71 (15): 5154-63. Mehta H.H., et al.
- Competitive binding assay for determination of rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Endocrinology. (1998) 139 (3): 1454-7. Frystyk J. and Baxter R.C.
- IGF-I and IGFBP-3 transport in the rat heart. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2003) 284 (1): E237-9. Boes M., et al.
- IGFBP-3 inhibits the proliferation of neural progenitor cells. Neurochem Res. (2011) 36 (3): 406-11. Kalluri H.S. and Dempsey R.J.
- Full Name: IGFBP-3 ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse, Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.09 ng/ml