- Created on the 28 March, 2018.
Rat/Mouse IGFBP-3 ELISA kit is intended for detecting quantitative amounts of rat or mouse insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3) using serum, plasma and cell culture media samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.09 ng/ml.
IGFBP-3 is the major carrier of somatomedin C (also known as IGF-1), it is made up of stable complexes consisting of either IGF-1, IGF-2 or ALS (acid labile subunit). These growth factors can then be transported through the blood stream. The blood levels of these proteins can be regulated by human growth hormone (hGH). It has been found that the concentration of IGFBP-3 is the greatest during puberty and childhood and then it decreases during adulthood. The protein has been found to exert anti-proliferative effect on a number of cell types through blocking the ability of IGF-1 or IGF-2 to activate the IGF1 receptor. Evidence from cell growth experiments, epidemiological and cancer models indicates that IGFBP-3 might be functioning as a low penetrance tumor suppressor gene.
The standard range of mouse and rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3) using current rat/mouse IGFBP-3 ELISA kit was approximately 0.09 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.039 – 25 ng/ml.
- Recombinant IGFBP-3 inhibits allergic lung inflammation, VEGF production, and vascular leak in a mouse model of asthma. Allergy. (2012) 67 (7): 869-77. Kim S.R., et al.
- IGFBP-3 is a metastasis suppression gene in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. (2011) 71 (15): 5154-63. Mehta H.H., et al.
- Competitive binding assay for determination of rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Endocrinology. (1998) 139 (3): 1454-7. Frystyk J. and Baxter R.C.
- IGF-I and IGFBP-3 transport in the rat heart. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2003) 284 (1): E237-9. Boes M., et al.
- IGFBP-3 inhibits the proliferation of neural progenitor cells. Neurochem Res. (2011) 36 (3): 406-11. Kalluri H.S. and Dempsey R.J.
- Full Name: IGFBP-3 ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse, Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.09 ng/ml