- Created on the 28 March, 2018.
Rat/Mouse IGFBP-2 ELISA kit is designed for analysing quantitative concentrations of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP2) using mouse and rat serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.01 ng/ml.
IGFBP-2 is found to be expressed in a variety of tissues such as the skeleton, vessels and blood, it is also regarded as the second most abundant IGFBP. This protein belongs to the highly conserved six insulin-like growth factor binding proteins family which are responsible for regulating many cellular processes for example proliferation, adhesion and cell migration. IGFBP-2 can prevent the binding of IGF-I binding to its receptor and there is evidence to indicate that it can also independently of IGF-I binding modulate cellular functions. Current, literature reports that both IGFBP2 and IGF2 are expressed in the kidney and its cellular activity in this organ can implicate in diabetic nephropathy. IGFBP-2 is a critical player in both metabolic syndrome and cancer biology, this has led to the implication that it may be used to reduce the mortality and morbidity of these diseases through targeted pharmacologic manipulation of IGFBP-2 activity.
The standard range of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP2) using current rat/mouse IGFBP-2 ELISA kit was approximately 0.01 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 1,000 pg/ml.
- Cell-density (cycle) dependent silencer of the rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2) gene. Growth Factors. (1999) 16 (3): 217-23. Kutoh E., et al.
- Immunohistochemical localization of insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF-II) and IGF-binding protein-2 during development in the rat brain. Endocrinology. (1994) 135 (2): 540-7. Sullivan K.A. and Feldman E.L.
- Expression of the IGFBP-2 gene in post-implantation rat embryos. Development. (1992) 114 (1): 59-66. Wood T.L., et al.
- Transcriptional regulation of the rat IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-2 genes. Growth Regul. (1993) 3 (1): 14-7. Ooi G.T., et al.
- Expression of specific IGFBPs is associated with those of the proliferating and differentiating markers in regenerating rat plantaris muscle. J Physiol Sci. (2013) 63 (1): 71-77. Yamaguchi A., et al.
- Full Name: IGFBP-2 ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse, Rat
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.01 ng/ml