Human chorionic gonadotropin ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 5.0 mIU/ml.
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a 38.4 kD glycoprotein hormone that is usually secreted by the placenta during pregnancy. Structurally it is composed of two subunits, alpha and beta, where the alpha subunit is identical to that found in FSH, TSH and LH glycoprotein hormones and the beta subunit is the specific portion and this in known to differ from one hormone to another. The difference in the beta subunit accounts for the immunochemical distinctiveness and the biological specificity of each hormone. This hCG ELISA kit is suitable for analysing either plasma or serum samples.
After conception, the concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin is rapidly elevated until it reaches a peak towards the end of the first trimester. This high concentration is then maintained throughout pregnancy. After delivery, the concentration of hCG falls rapidly and returns to undetectable levels a few days later after. In non-pregnant women or men an increased level of hCG indicates neoplasia. The following hCG ELISA kit is designed for detecting many different diagnostic applications. Determining the hCG concentrations can be helpful in monitoring and recognising chorionic tumors or malignancies (such as; pancreatic, testicular and bronchogenic pulmonary cancers).
HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPHIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwell Plate: Break apart strips which are coated with anti hCG antigen.
- Standards 1-5: Concentration 0-1000 mIU/ml, made up from lyophilized anti hCG. The standards are calibrated against the following reference material: 5th WHO international standard chorionic gonadotrophin NIBSC code: 07/364.
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti hCG antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (10x).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human chorionic gonadotropin using current hCG ELISA kit was approximately 5.0 mIU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 5.0 – 1,000.0 mIU/ml.
- Immunoassay of human chorionic gonadotropin, its free subunits, and metabolites. Clin Chem. (1997) 43 (12): 2233-43. Cole LA.
- Standardization of Epitopes for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Immunoassays. Curr Med Chem. (2016) 23 (30): 3481-3494. Review. Berger P. and Lapthorn A.J.
- Serum levels of steroid and placental protein hormones in ectopic pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. (1991) 39 (2): 117-22. Mantzavinos T., et al.
- Automated determination of human choriogonadotropin by use of microparticle capture analysis. Clin Chem. (1990) 36 (3): 554-6. Trundle D.S., et al.
- Full Name: Human Chorionic Gonadotropin ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 5.0 mIU/ml