Human histone antibody ELISA kit is a method for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgG autoantibodies against histone antibody (anti-histone, histone Ab, anti-histone IgG) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Histones auto-antibodies are highly conserved in many species and are the major basic protein that is found in chromatin. There are essentially 5 different classes of histone (H1, H2, H2b, H3 and H4), ranging in molecular weight from 11-23 kD and all containing the arginine and lysine basic amino acids. Histone auto-antibodies are a type of antinuclear antibodies (ANA) which are known to be associated to many different autoimmune diseases such as lupus.
The following histone antibody ELISA kit is designed to be used for many diagnostic applications. The presence or even an absence of a particular antinuclear antibodies can be a useful aid in determining a specific disorder. There is evidence that drugs can be used to stimulate the production of histone antibodies but there is also a possibility that this can lead to a type of lupus (drug-induced lupus erythematosus). Many drugs have been associated with drug-induced lupus in some people such as hydralazine, penicillamine, isoniazid, quinidine, procainamide and minocycline. However, majority of anti-histone antibodies in drug induced lupus erythematosus are of temporary character and tend to disappear within a few months after treatment.
HISTONE AB ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified total histones are bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up from human histone antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing anti-histone antibody in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer P (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of histone IgG auto-antibodies (histone Ab, anti-histone IgG, anti-histone) using current human histone antibody ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- The complex role of DNA, histones and HMGB1 in the pathogenesis of SLE. Autoimmunity. (2014) 47 (8): 487-93. Review. Pisetsky D.S.
- Autoantibodies to nucleosomes and histone-DNA complexes. Methods. (1997) 11 (1): 36-43. Monestier M.
- The spectrum of anti-chromatin/nucleosome autoantibodies: independent and interdependent biomarkers of disease. J Immunol Res. (2014) 2014: 368274. Review. Mehra S. and Fritzler M.J.
- Antibodies to histones in systemic lupus erythematosus and drug-induced lupus syndromes. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. (1992) 18 (2): 415-36. Review. Monestier M. and Kotzin B.L.
- Autoantibodies to nuclear antigens (ANA): their immunobiology and medicine. Adv Immunol. (1982) 33: 167-240. Review. Tan E.M.
- Full Name: Histone Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml