Human histone antibody ELISA kit is a method for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgG autoantibodies against histone antibody (anti-histone, histone Ab, anti-histone IgG) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Histones auto-antibodies are highly conserved in many species and are the major basic protein that is found in chromatin. There are essentially 5 different classes of histone (H1, H2, H2b, H3 and H4), ranging in molecular weight from 11-23 kD and all containing the arginine and lysine basic amino acids. Histone auto-antibodies are a type of antinuclear antibodies (ANA) which are known to be associated to many different autoimmune diseases such as lupus.
The presence or even an absence of a particular antinuclear antibodies can be a useful aid in determining a specific disorder. There is evidence that drugs can be used to stimulate the production of histone antibodies but there is also a possibility that this can lead to a type of lupus (drug-induced lupus erythematosus). Many drugs have been associated with drug-induced lupus in some people such as hydralazine, penicillamine, isoniazid, quinidine, procainamide and minocycline. However, majority of anti-histone antibodies in drug induced lupus erythematosus are of temporary character and tend to disappear within a few months after treatment.
HISTONE ANTIBODY ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified total histones are bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up from human histone antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing anti-histone antibody in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer P (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of histone IgG auto-antibodies (histone Ab, anti-histone IgG, anti-histone) using current histone antibody ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- The complex role of DNA, histones and HMGB1 in the pathogenesis of SLE. Autoimmunity. (2014) 47 (8): 487-93. Review. Pisetsky D.S.
- Autoantibodies to nucleosomes and histone-DNA complexes. Methods. (1997) 11 (1): 36-43. Monestier M.
- The spectrum of anti-chromatin/nucleosome autoantibodies: independent and interdependent biomarkers of disease. J Immunol Res. (2014) 2014: 368274. Review. Mehra S. and Fritzler M.J.
- Antibodies to histones in systemic lupus erythematosus and drug-induced lupus syndromes. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. (1992) 18 (2): 415-36. Review. Monestier M. and Kotzin B.L.
- Autoantibodies to nuclear antigens (ANA): their immunobiology and medicine. Adv Immunol. (1982) 33: 167-240. Review. Tan E.M.
- Full Name: Histone Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml