- Created on the 22 August, 2017.
Human HSV-2 IgM ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgM antibodies to herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2 IgM) in plasma or serum. This HSV-2 IgM ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) is a common genital herpes which is usually transmitted through sexual activity or by any skin-on-skin contact with an open sore. HSV-2 can spread through the secretions from the mouth or the genitals and it is highly contagious. Blood tests are routinely used for the diagnosis of these infections by identifying antibodies to HSV-1 and HSV-2. However, the “gold standard” for diagnosis of HSV infection remains to be isolation of the virus from tissue culture. HSV-2 IgM ELISA kit is designed for various diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2 IgM) using current human HSV-2 IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Herpes simplex virus-specific IgM, IgA and IgG subclass antibody responses in primary and nonprimary genital herpes patients. Microbiol Immunol. (1997) 41 (5): 415-20. Hashido M. and Kawana T.
- Evaluation of commercial herpes simplex virus IgG and IgM enzyme immunoassays. J Virol Methods. (2014) 199: 29-34. Liermann K., et al.
- Performance of a novel test for IgM and IgG antibodies in subjects with culture-documented genital herpes simplex virus-1 or -2 infection. Clin Microbiol Infect. (2006) 12 (5): 463-9. Morrow R. and Friedrich D.
- Characteristics of a shared idiotype by two IgM anti-herpes simplex virus monoclonal antibodies that recognize different determinants. J Immunol. (1983) 130 (4): 1943-6. Kennedy R.C., et al.
- Full Name: Herpes Simplex Virus 2 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml