- Created on the 22 August, 2017.
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) types 1 and 2 are known to produce infection which can range from mild stomatitis to disseminated and fatal disease, they belong to the Herpesviridae family. Clinical conditions that have been associated with HSV infection include keratitis, aseptic meningitis, vesicular skin eruptions, encephalitis, gingivostomatitis, disseminated primary infection, neonatal herpes and genital tract infections. HSV 1 is mostly found in orolabial infection whereas HSV 2 causes primarily urogenital infections, however, HSV 1 and 2 infections are found to differ greatly in severity and also in clinical manifestations. For typing of HSV 1/HSV 2 indirect immunofluorescence or Western blots can be performed. HSV-specific antibodies (IgG and IgM) can be used through ELISA assays for monitoring purpose, however, the “gold standard” for diagnosis of HSV infection still involves virus isolation from tissue culture.
Human HSV-1/2 IgM ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies against herpes simplex virus 1/2 (HSV-1/2) in serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.12 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human herpes simplex virus-1/2 (HSV-1/2) IgM using this human HSV-1/2 IgM ELISA kit was 1.12 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
- A systematic review of the epidemiology and interaction of herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2. Sex Transm Infect. (2005) 81 (2): 103-7. Review. Looker K.J. and Garnett G.P.
- Recent advances in vaccine development for herpes simplex virus types I and II. Hum Vaccin Immunother. (2013) 9 (4): 729-35. Review. Coleman J.L. and Shukla D.
- Herpes simplex virus infects most cell types in vitro: clues to its success. Virol J. (2011) 8: 481. Review. Karasneh G.A. and Shukla D.
- Prospects and perspectives for development of a vaccine against herpes simplex virus infections. Expert Rev Vaccines. (2014) 13 (11): 1349-60. Review. McAllister S.C. and Schleiss M.R.
- Full Name: Herpes Simplex Virus 1/2 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.12 U/ml