- Created on the 22 August, 2017.
Human HSV-1 IgM ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgM antibodies against herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgM) in plasma or serum. This HSV-1 IgM ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.06 U/ml.
Infections with are due to herpes simplex virus are commonly referred to as herpes and these can be caused by either HSV-1 or HSV-2. HSV-1 is a highly contagious infection, which is acquired during childhood and the infection can be lifelong. The vast majority of HSV-1 infections are found to be oral herpes (also known as orolabial, oral-facial and oral-labial herpes), a proportion of HSV-1 infections are also genital herpes (infections in the genital and anal area). Infected persons will usually experience a burning, tingling or itching sensation around their mouth, which in majority of cases is before the appearance of sores. One of the “gold standard” for diagnosing HSV infections is through the isolation of the virus in tissue culture, following by either western blotting or indirect immunofluorescence. HSV-1 IgM ELISA kit is ideal for many types of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgM) using current human HSV-1 IgM ELISA kit was 1.06 U/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Analysis of the IgM and IgG antibody response against herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) structural and nonstructural proteins. J Med Virol. (1987) 23 (2): 135-50. Kühn J.E., et al.
- Evaluation of commercial herpes simplex virus-IgG and IgM enzyme immunoassays. J Virol Methods. (2014) 199: 29-34. Liermann K., et al.
- Comparison of several ELISA tests for detecting the presence of IgG and IgM against herpes simplex viruses. Microbios. (2000) 103 (405): 127-32. Gutiérrez J., et al.
- Reactivated herpes simplex infection increases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimers Dement. (2015) 11 (6): 593-9. Lövheim H., et al.
- Full Name: Herpes Simplex Virus 1 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.06 U/ml