Human HSV-1 IgG ELISA kit is designed for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies to herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgG) is samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.1 U/ml.
Herpes simplex virus (also called HSV) is a one of the most common infections which causes herpes. This tends to appear mostly on the mouth or the genitals but can also be found in various other parts of the body. HSV-1 is also referred to as oral herpes and this type is responsible for causing cold sores and fever blisters around the face and mouth. The infection with HSV-1 can happen through general interactions for example sharing lip balm, eating from same utensils and kissing. The virus can spread more rapidly if an infected person is experiencing an outbreak. One of the gold standard which is routinely used for diagnosing HSV infections remains isolation of the virus in tissue culture, following by indirect immunofluorescence, western blotting.
HSV-1 IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Herpes simplex virus-1 antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgG) using current human HSV-1 IgG ELISA kit was 1.1 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
– Herpes 1 ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 8.3 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 9.4 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 5.2 – 11.8 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.10 U/mL
– Recovery: 90 – 95 %
– Linearity: 73 – 117 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Measles, Mumps and Varicella.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 96 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Evaluation of commercial herpes simplex virus IgG and IgM enzyme immunoassays. J Virol Methods. (2014) 199: 29-34. Liermann K., et al.
- The herpes simplex virus 1 IgG fc receptor blocks antibody-mediated complement activation and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity in vivo. J Virol. (2011) 85 (7): 3239-49. Lubinski J.M., et al.
- HSV IgG antibody inhibits virus detection in CSF. J Clin Virol. (2012) 55 (2): 164-7. Fening S.W., et al.
- Distribution of HSV-1 IgG antibodies by two methods comparing in Turkish atopic children. New Microbiol. (2007) 30 (2): 109-12. Artiran Igde F., et al.
- Titers of herpes simplex virus type 1 antibodies positively correlate with grey matter volumes in Alzheimer’s disease. J Alzheimers Dis. (2014) 38 (4): 741-5. Mancuso R., et al.
- Full Name: Herpes Simplex Virus 1 IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.1 U/ml