Human HGF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in human serum, plasma, body fluids, tissue lysates and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 5.0 pg/ml.
Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is also be called scatter factor (SF), a paracrine motility, morphogenic and cellular growth factor that is secreted in an inactive single peptide form which can be cleaved by a serine proteases to form an alpha-chain (69kDa) and a beta-chain (34 kDa). The active form is generated as a result of a disulfide bond between the alpha and beta chains to give a heterodimeric molecule.
The following human HGF ELISA kit is designed to be used for detecting many different types of diagnostic applications. HGF protein is a member of the plasminogen subfamily of S1 peptidases but does not possess any detectable protease activity. It is found to be secreted by mesenchymal cells and known to target and act primarily on either endothelial or epithelial cells, however, there is some evidence that human HGF may also act upon T cells or haemopoietic progenitor cells. Hepatocyte growth factor have a major role in wound healing and in embryonic organ development (especially myogenesis during organ regeneration in adults). Furthermore, human HGF has the ability to stimulate matrix invasion, cell motility and mitogenesis indicates that it may have a key role tissue regeneration, tumorogenesis and angiogenesis. The gene that encodes the human hepatocyte growth factor is found to be linked to human chromosome 7. This human HGF ELISA kit is suitable for analysing many different sample types for example; cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, tissue lysates and other body fluids.
HGF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standards: Concentration 0-8000.0 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant anti human HGF.
- Microwell Plate: Wells are precoated with anti human HGF antigen.
- Sample diluent buffer.
- Biotinylated anti human HGF antibody.
- Antibody diluent buffer.
- Avidin biotin peroxidase complex (ABC).
- ABC diluent buffer.
- TMB colour developing agent.
- TMB stop solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) using current human HGF ELISA kit was approximately < 5.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.2 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
- Localization of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene on human chromosome 7. Genomics (1992) 12: 147-150. Zarnegar, R., et al.
- Molecular cloning and expression of human hepatocyte growth factor. Nature (1989) 342: 440-443. Nakamura, T., et al.
- A broad-spectrum human lung fibroblast-derived mitogen is a variant of hepatocyte growth factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1991) 88: 415-419. Rubin, J. S., et al.
- Localisation of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor (c-met) protein and mRNA in human term placenta. Growth Factors (1996) 13: 133-139. Kilby, M. D. et al.
- Full Name: HGF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids, Tissue Lysates
- Sensitivity: < 5.0 pg/ml