- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Human HGF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in human serum, plasma, body fluids, tissue lysates and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 5.0 pg/ml.
Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is also be called scatter factor (SF), a paracrine motility, morphogenic and cellular growth factor that is secreted in an inactive single peptide form which can be cleaved by a serine proteases to form an alpha-chain (69kDa) and a beta-chain (34 kDa). The active form is generated as a result of a disulfide bond between the alpha and beta chains to give a heterodimeric molecule. HGF protein is a member of the plasminogen subfamily of S1 peptidases but does not possess any detectable protease activity. It is found to be secreted by mesenchymal cells and known to target and act primarily on either endothelial or epithelial cells, however, there is some evidence that it may also act upon T cells or haemopoietic progenitor cells. Hepatocyte growth factors have a major role in wound healing and in embryonic organ development (especially myogenesis during organ regeneration in adults). Furthermore, its ability to stimulate matrix invasion, cell motility and mitogenesis indicates that it may have a key role tissue regeneration, tumorogenesis and angiogenesis. The gene that encodes the human HGF is found to be linked to human chromosome 7. HGF ELISA kit is intended for a wide range of diagnostic applications.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of hepatocyte growth factor using current human HGF ELISA kit was approximately < 5.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.2 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
- Localization of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene on human chromosome 7. Genomics (1992) 12: 147-150. Zarnegar, R., et al.
- Molecular cloning and expression of human hepatocyte growth factor. Nature (1989) 342: 440-443. Nakamura, T., et al.
- A broad-spectrum human lung fibroblast-derived mitogen is a variant of hepatocyte growth factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1991) 88: 415-419. Rubin, J. S., et al.
- Localisation of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor (c-met) protein and mRNA in human term placenta. Growth Factors (1996) 13: 133-139. Kilby, M. D. et al.
- Full Name: Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids, Tissue Lysates
- Sensitivity: < 5.0 pg/ml