- Created on the 23 August, 2017.
Helicobacter pylori is a bacterium which can cause infections of the stomach and the duodenum (upper part of small intestine), it can result in peptic ulcers. Some of the most common tests that are used to detect H. pylori include: blood antibody test, stool antigen test and stomach biopsy. If a positive test is obtained then treatment needs to be carried out in order to clear the infection, this in many cases will lead to healing the ulcer and also prevent it from returning. Helicobacter is a spiral shaped organism which also possess a flagella. It contains a potent multi-subunit urease enzyme, allowing it to survive the acidic pH conditions and colonize in the gastric environment. The human body’s natural defence system is unable to combat H. pylori since white and killer T cells are unable to penetrate through the stomach lining, these eventually die and spill their superoxide radicals on the cells lining the stomach, the H. pylori are able to feed on these.
Human helicobacter pylori-IgM ELISA kit is a procedure designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies to helicobacter pylori using serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human helicobacter pylori IgM using this human helicobacter pylori-IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Usefulness of specific IgM in the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection. Pediatrics. (1994) 93 (2): 342-3. Blecker U. and Vandenplas Y.
- Diagnostic value of detection of IgM antibodies to Helicobacter pylori. Exp Mol Pathol. (2002) 72 (1): 77-83. Alem M., et al.
- Downward shift in serum IgM with Helicobacter pylori seropositivity. J Infect. (2000) 41 (3): 240-4. Dobbs R.J., et al.
- Helicobacter pylori-specific IgM antibodies in children born to infected mothers. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. (1996) 22 (3): 337-8. Blecker U. and Vandenplas Y.
- Full Name: Helicobacter Pylori IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml