- Created on the 23 August, 2017.
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a gram negative bacteria which is usually associated with stomach cancers (especially non-cardia gastric cancer). It has the ability to enter the body and attack the lining of the stomach, which is functioning to protect from the acid used to digest food. Prolonged infection can lead to the development of ulcers, excess bleeding and prevention of food moving through the digestive tract. H. pylori are helix-shaped bacteria which are also called curved rods, having a diameter of 0.5μm and length 3μm. They are detected using serologically methods such as ELISA assay or by Western Blot, which makes it possible to diagnose acute infections.
Human helicobacter pylori-IgG ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies against helicobacter pylori in serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.16 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human helicobacter pylori IgG using this human helicobacter pylori-IgG ELISA kit was 1.16 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Preferential placental transfer of Helicobacter pylori specific IgG. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. (2004) 16 (5): 297-301. Doroudchi M., et al.
- Usefulness of serological IgG antibody determinations for confirming eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection. Am J Gastroenterol. (1999) 94 (8): 2105-8. Marchildon P., et al.
- Performance evaluation of a rapid whole-blood immunoassay for the detection of IgG antibodies against Helicobacter pylori in daily clinical practice. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. (2016) 15 (1): 47. Enko D., et al.
- IgG antibody titer against Helicobacter pylori correlates with presence of cytotoxin associated gene A-positive H. pylori strains. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. (2000) 28 (2): 139-41. Loffeld R.J., et al.
- Four-year trends in Helicobacter pylori IgG serology following successful eradication. Am J Med. (1998) 105 (1): 18-20. Cutler A.F., et al.
- Full Name: Helicobacter Pylori IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.16 U/ml