- Created on the 24 February, 2018.
Rat GRO/CINC-2 alpha ELISA kit is designed for detecting quantitative amounts of GRO/CINC-2-alpha in samples of cell culture supernatant and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 7.0 pg/ml.
GRO/CINC-1 (also known as cytokine-induced neutrophil chemo attractant 1) is a member of the CXC chemokines family and it was first discovered from purified media which was conditioned by IL-1b stimulated rat kidney epithelial cells. A further 3 rat CXC chemokines, namely CINC-2a, CINC-2b and CINC-3 (MIP-2) have also been discovered (all of which have 63-67% protein sequence identity). CINCs are the rat counterpart of human Grow Related Oncogene (GRO), this belongs to the family of IL-8 polypeptide. There are 3 isoforms of GRO: alpha, beta and gamma, which share 68%, 71% and 68% homology.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of rat GRO/CINC-2a using this rat GRO/CINC-2 alpha ELISA kit was approximately 7.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 9.38 – 600.0 pg/ml.
- Recombinant production and biological properties of rat cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractants, GRO/CINC-2 alpha, CINC-2 beta and CINC-3. Eur J Biochem. (1995) 231 (2): 306-11. Shibata F., et al.
- Identification of a common receptor for three types of rat cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractants (CINCs). Cytokine. (2000) 12 (9): 1368-73. Shibata F., et al.
- Cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractant (CINC)-2 alpha, a novel member of rat GRO/CINCs, is a predominant chemokine produced by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated rat macrophages in culture. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (1996) 220 (3): 945-8. Nakagawa H., et al.
- Identification of cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractants (CINC), rat GRO/CINC-2 alpha and CINC-2 beta, produced by granulation tissue in culture: purification, complete amino acid sequences and characterization. Biochem J. (1994) 301 (Pt 2): 545-50. Nakagawa H., et al.
- Full Name: GRO/CINC-2 Alpha ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 7.0 pg/ml