- Created on the 24 February, 2018.
GRO/CINC-1 (also known as cytokine-induced neutrophil chemo attractant 1) belongs to family of chemokines called CXC. It was first purified from media that had been conditioned by IL-1 beta stimulated rat kidney epithelial cells (i.e. NRK-52E). There are a further three rat CXC chemokines that have also been identified and these are CINC-2a, CINC-2b and CINC-3 (MIP-2). The protein sequence for all of these is approx. 63-67% identical. CINCs are regarded as the rat counterpart of human GROs (Grow Related Oncogene). GRO is a member of the IL-8 polypeptide family and has three different isoform (alpha, beta and gamma). These three forms of GRO share 68-71% identity with CINC-1.
Rat GRO/CINC-1 ELISA kit can be used for measuring quantitative levels of both recombinant and native forms of GRO/CINC-1 using samples of serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.35 pg/ml.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of rat cytokine-induced neutrophil chemo attractant 1 (GRO/CINC-1) using this rat GRO/CINC-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.35 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 4.69 – 300.0 pg/ml.
- Glyprolines exert protective and repair-promoting effects in the rat stomach: potential role of the cytokine GRO/CINC-1. J Physiol Pharmacol. (2016) 67 (2): 253-60. Bakaeva Z.V., et al.
- The role of calcium in protease-activated receptor-induced secretion of chemokine GRO/CINC-1 in rat brain astrocytes. J Neurochem. (2007) 103 (2): 814-9. Wang Y., et al.
- Rat CXC chemokine GRO/CINC-1 paradoxically stimulates the growth of gastric epithelial cells. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. (2000) 14 Suppl 1: 94-100. Suzuki H., et al.
- Production and gene expression of IL-8-like cytokine GRO/CINC-1 in rat nasal mucosa. Acta Otolaryngol. (1997) 117 (1): 123-7. Himi T., et al.
- Full Name: GRO/CINC-1 ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Cell Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.35 pg/ml