Human G-CSF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSF, G-CSF) in human biological fluids, serum, plasma and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 23.438 pg/ml.
Granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF, GCSF) is also known as granulocyte colony stimulating factor 3 (GSF 3), is a hormone-like glycoprotein that is important in regulating hematopoietic cell differentiation and proliferation. A major function of it is to stimulate bone morrow in order to produce stem cells or granulocytes, which are then released into the bloodstream. There is evidence to suggest that G-CSF can stimulate the differentiation, proliferation, survival and function of mature neutrophils and neutrophil precursors. Functionally, it is essentially either a cytokine or a hormone which is be produced by macrophages, endothelium and many other immune cells, existing in two forms 174- and 177-amino acid protein with a total molecular weight of 19,600 grams per mole.
The standard used in the following assay is recombinant G-CSF that consists of 175 amino acids with a total molecular mass of 18.8KDa. A unique property is the effect of G-CSF on myeloid leukemias in order to drive leukemic cells from a self-renewing malignant state into a mature differentiated phenotype, this also results in concomitant loss of tumorigenicity. The pharmaceutical analogs of naturally occurring human G-CSF are called lenograstim and filgrastim.
G-CSF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 39.062, 78.125, 156.25, 312.5, 625, 1250, 2500 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human GCSF.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti G-CSF antibody.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled GCSF Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF, GCSF) using current human G-CSF ELISA kit was approximately 23.438 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 39.063 – 2500.0 pg/ml.
– Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for GCSF, no cross reactivity or interference between G-CSF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 97%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Human gene coding for granulocyte-colony stimulating factor is assigned to the q21-q22 region of chromosome 17. Somat Cell Mol Genet (1987) 13 (6): 679-84. Kanda N, et al.
- G-CSF prevents cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by activating the JakStat pathway in cardiomyocytes. Nat Med (2005) 11 (3): 305-11. Harada M, et al.
- Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA for human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Nature (1986) 319 (6052): 415-8. Nagata S, et al.
- Full Name: G-CSF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 23.438 pg/ml