Human G-CSF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSF, G-CSF) in human serum, plasma (EDTA, heparin, citrate) and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 4.0 pg/ml.
Granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF, GCSF) is also known as granulocyte colony stimulating factor 3 (GSF 3), is a hormone-like glycoprotein that is important in regulating hematopoietic cell differentiation and proliferation. A major function of it is to stimulate bone morrow in order to produce stem cells or granulocytes, which are then released into the bloodstream. This human G-CSF ELISA kit is suitable for analysing samples of plasma, serum and cell supernatant. There is evidence to suggest that G-CSF can stimulate the differentiation, proliferation, survival and function of mature neutrophils and neutrophil precursors. Functionally, it is essentially either a cytokine or a hormone which is be produced by macrophages, endothelium and many other immune cells, existing in two forms 174- and 177-amino acid protein with a total molecular weight of 19,600 grams per mole.
The standard used in the following human G-CSF ELISA kit is recombinant G-CSF that consists of 175 amino acids with a total molecular mass of 18.8KDa. A unique property is the effect of G-CSF on myeloid leukemias in order to drive leukemic cells from a self-renewing malignant state into a mature differentiated phenotype, this also results in concomitant loss of tumorigenicity. The pharmaceutical analogs of naturally occurring human G-CSF are called lenograstim and filgrastim.
G-CSF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microplate Plate : Wells precoated with anti human G-CSF antigen.
- Standards: Concentration 0-2000.0 pg/ml. Lyophilized recombinant anti human G-CSF.
- Biotinylated anti human G-CSF antibody.
- Avidin biotin peroxidase complex (ABC).
- Sample diluent buffer.
- Antibody diluent buffer.
- ABC diluent buffer.
- TMB colour developing agent.
- TMB stop solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF, GCSF) using current human G-CSF ELISA kit was approximately < 4.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.2 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
- Human gene coding for granulocyte-colony stimulating factor is assigned to the q21-q22 region of chromosome 17. Somat Cell Mol Genet (1987) 13 (6): 679-84. Kanda N, et al.
- G-CSF prevents cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by activating the JakStat pathway in cardiomyocytes. Nat Med (2005) 11 (3): 305-11. Harada M, et al.
- Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA for human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Nature (1986) 319 (6052): 415-8. Nagata S, et al.
- Full Name: G-CSF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (EDTA, Citrate, Heparin), Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 4.0 pg/ml