- Created on the 9 February, 2017.
Human GLP-1 active ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring active glucagon-like peptide-1 (active GLP-1), this includes GLP-1 (7-36) amide and GLP-1 (7-37) specifically in human EDTA plasma. This GLP-1 active ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.1 pmol/l.
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) is a neuropeptide that has an important role in regulating glucose homeostasis and is secreted in response to food intake. It belongs to the incretins family of gastrointestinal hormones that have the ability to increase the levels of insulin that is released from the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans after food intake. GLP-1 also is able to inhibit glucagon release from the alpha cells of the islets of Langerhans. This causes a reduction in the rate of nutrients into the blood stream as a result of slowing gastric emptying, it is thought this may be directly leading to a reduction in food intake.
One of the major source for GLP-1 in the periphery is the intestinal L cell that that have the ability to secrete GLP-1 as a gut hormone, on the other hand the major source in the brain is the nucleus of the solitary tract and this is known to be a source of a widely distributed set of GLP-1 projection neurons. There are multiple forms of GLP-1 that exist and the biologically active forms include GLP-1 (7-37) and GLP-1-(7-36) NH2. These can be formed as a result of selective cleavage of the pro-glucagon molecule.
There a number of methods which are used to measure active GLP-1 peptide, GLP-1 (7-36) ELISA kits are usually the preferred choice due to their sensitivities they can offer. This GLP-1 active ELISA kit is designed to measure active forms of GLP-1 which includes GLP-1 (7-36) amide and GLP-1 (7-37).
Reagents which are supplied with the GLP-1 active ELISA kit, please following instructions for storage conditions.
1. Microtiterplate: 12 x 8 strips coated with streptavidin.
2. Tracer Antibody.
3. GLP-1 (7-36) Capture Antibody.
4. Tracer Antibody Diluent.
5. Standards (1-6).
6. Control 1 + 2.
7. HRP Substrate Solution.
8. Wash Buffer.
9. Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of active glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1 [GLP-1 (7-36) amide and GLP-1 (7-37)]) using this human GLP-1 active ELISA kit was approximately 0.1 pmol/l. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 1.25 – 80.0 pmol/l.
- Incretin hormones–an update. Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl. (2001) 234:75-85. Review. Holst J.J. and Orskov C.
- Mechanisms for the cardiovascular effects of glucagon-like peptide-1. Acta Physiol (Oxf). (2016) 216 (3): 277-313. Review. Poudyal H.
- Human colon produces fully processed glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide. FEBS Lett. (1995) 372 (2-3): 269-72. Deacon C.F., et al.
- Active metabolite of GLP-1 mediates myocardial glucose uptake and improves left ventricular performance in conscious dogs with dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. (2005) 289 (6): H2401-8. Nikolaidis L.A., et al.
- Full Name: Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) Active ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: EDTA Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.1 pmol/l