Human GLP-1 active ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring active glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1 active), this includes GLP-1 (7-36) amide and GLP-1 (7-37) specifically in human plasma (EDTA). This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.1 pmol/l.
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) is a neuropeptide that has an important role in regulating glucose homeostasis and is secreted in response to food intake. It belongs to the incretins family of gastrointestinal hormones that have the ability to increase the levels of insulin that is released from the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans after food intake. Glucagon-like peptide-1 also is able to inhibit glucagon release from the alpha cells of the islets of Langerhans. This causes a reduction in the rate of nutrients into the blood stream as a result of slowing gastric emptying, it is thought this may be directly leading to a reduction in food intake.
The following GLP-1 active ELISA kit can be useful in analysing various diagnostic applications. One of the major source for active glucagon-like peptide-1 in the periphery is the intestinal L cell that that have the ability to secrete GLP-1 as a gut hormone, on the other hand the major source in the brain is the nucleus of the solitary tract and this is known to be a source of a widely distributed set of GLP-1 projection neurons. There are multiple forms of human GLP-1 active that exist and the biologically active forms include GLP-1 (7-37) and GLP-1 (7-36) NH2. These can be formed as a result of selective cleavage of the pro-glucagon molecule.
GLP-1 ACTIVE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Plate: Wells coated with anti human GLP-1 rabbit IgG.
- Labeled Antibody (30x Concentrated): Consisting of HRP conjugated to anti human GLP-1 (34B1) mouse IgG.
- Standards: Concentration 0 – 80.0 pmol/l, made from anti human GLP-1 active.
- EIA buffer.
- Antibody Labelling Solution.
- TMB Chromogen Solution.
- Stop solution: H2SO4 (1N).
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of active glucagon-like peptide-1, GLP-1 active, GLP-1 (7-36) and GLP-1 (7-37) using current GLP-1 active ELISA kit was approximately 0.1 pmol/l. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.25 – 80.0 pmol/l.
- Incretin hormones–an update. Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl. (2001) 234:75-85. Review. Holst J.J. and Orskov C.
- Mechanisms for the cardiovascular effects of glucagon-like peptide-1. Acta Physiol (Oxf). (2016) 216 (3): 277-313. Review. Poudyal H.
- Human colon produces fully processed glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide. FEBS Lett. (1995) 372 (2-3): 269-72. Deacon C.F., et al.
- Active metabolite of GLP-1 mediates myocardial glucose uptake and improves left ventricular performance in conscious dogs with dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. (2005) 289 (6): H2401-8. Nikolaidis L.A., et al.
- Full Name: GLP-1 Active ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma (EDTA)
- Sensitivity: 0.1 pmol/l