- Created on the 12 June, 2017.
Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) are prolamin that are present in wheat and are formed in response to gliadin. Currently, there are 3 alleles which exist AA, BB and DD, each of which has the ability to produce slightly different antibodies. There are 3 subtypes: anti-gliadin IgA (present in patients with coeliac disease), anti-gliadin IgG (associated with non-celiac gluten sensitivity and often linked with coeliac disease and other non-celiac gluten sensitivities) and anti-gliadin IgE (related to allergy conditions such as asthma and urticarial). Majority of gliadin are forming important components of gluten and are also vital in diagnosing gluten-induced enteropathy for example in celiac disease. Furthermore, Serological methods that are used to determine levels of IgG and IgA antibodies against endomysium, reticulin and gliadin are now frequently used for screening.
Human gliadin-IgG ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgG antibodies against gliadin in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.11 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti-gliadin IgG using this human gliadin-IgG ELISA kit was 1.11 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Serum IgG subclass antibodies to gliadin and other dietary antigens in children with coeliac disease. Clin Exp Immunol. (1986) 64 (3): 526-35. Husby S., et al.
- Screening for coeliac disease in adults by simultaneous determination of IgA and IgG gliadin antibodies. Scand J Gastroenterol. (1986) 21 (9): 1058-62. Friis S.U. and Gudmand-Høyer E.
- Gliadin IgG antibodies and circulating immune complexes. Scand J Gastroenterol. (2009) 44 (2): 168-71. Eisenmann A., et al.
- Serum IgA and IgG gliadin antibodies and small intestinal mucosal damage in children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. (1985) 4 (6): 917-22. Lindberg T., et al.
- Specific circulating anti-gliadin IgG-class antibody does not mediate intestinal enteropathy in gliadin-fed mice. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. (1992) 97 (2): 160-6. Smart C.J., et al.
- Full Name: Gliadin IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 11 U/ml