- Created on the 12 June, 2017.
Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) are a prolamin that are produced in response to gliadin which are mainly found in wheat. It can be encoded by 3 different alleles AA, BB and DD, these are able to form gliadins that can slightly different – causing the body producing different antibodies. Gliadin is the main the component of gluten and this is very useful in the diagnosis of celiac disease (a gluten-induced enteropathy). There are 3 subtypes: anti-gliadin IgA (found in approx. 80% of coeliac disease patients), anti-gliadin IgG (associated with non-celiac gluten sensitivity and coeliac disease) and anti-gliadin IgE (found in allergy related condition for example asthma, exercise-induced anaphylaxis and urticaria). Furthermore, serological techniques for measuring IgA and IgG antibodies against gliadin, endomysium and reticulin are becoming widely used for screening purposes. The ELISA antibody is also useful in the analysis of patients following a gluten-free diet.
Human gliadin-IgA ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of IgA against gliadin in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.05 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti-gliadin IgA using this human gliadin-IgA ELISA kit was 1.05 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Overview of biomarkers for diagnosis and monitoring of celiac disease. Adv Clin Chem. (2015) 68:1-55. Review. Brusca I.
- Gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Pediatr Clin North Am. (1996) 43 (2): 355-73. Review. Troncone R., et al.
- Role of IgA receptors in the pathogenesis of IgA nephropathy. J Nephrol. (2016) 29 (1): 5-11. Review. Lechner S.M., et al.
- Prospective screening for coeliac disease in patients with Graves’ hyperthyroidism using anti-gliadin and tissue transglutaminase antibodies. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). (2005) 62 (3): 303-6. Review. Ch’ng C.L., et al.
- Diagnostic criteria for coeliac disease: time for change? Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. (2005) 17 (1): 41-3. Review. Murdock A.M. and Johnston S.D.
- Full Name: Gliadin IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.05 U/ml