- Created on the 28 July, 2017.
Giardiasis is an infection in the small intestine and this can be caused by tiny microscopic parasite known as Giardia lamblia. It is a flagellated parasite that is able to reproduce by binary fission through attaching to the epithelium using a ventral adhesive disc. Giardiasis is also confined to the lumen of the small intestines and is not able to spread via the blood steam to other parts of the body or gastrointestinal tract. Giardia lamblia can exists in two forms, either as the active form which is called a trophozoite or the inactive form that is known as a cyst. Diagnosis of giardiasis is carried out using a number of non-invasive and invasive methods, one of the most common techniques involves using microscopic examination of stools samples. The development of ELISA assay has also provided an alternative method with comparable sensitivity to microscopic examinations. They are fairly simple to perform and also do not require the need to observe intact organisms.
Human Giardia-lamblia ELISA kit is intended for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of giardia specific antigens using faecal (stool) samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.08 OD units.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Giardia lamblia antigens using this human Giardia-lamblia ELISA kit was 0.08 OD units. The dynamic assay range for this kit is to a specific cut-off point.
- An integrated microfludic device for culturing and screening of Giardia lamblia. Exp Parasitol. (2014) 137: 1-7. Zheng G.X., et al.
- Giardia mitosomal protein import machinery differentially recognizes mitochondrial targeting signals. Infect Disord Drug Targets. (2014) 14 (1): 23-9. Nyindodo-Ogari L., et al.
- Modeling and analysis of propulsion in the multiflagellated micoorganism Giardia lamblia. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. (2013) 88 (1): 012726. Lenaghan S.C., et al.
- A detailed look at the cytoskeletal architecture of the Giardia lamblia ventral disc. J Struct Biol. (2016) 194 (1): 38-48. Brown J.R., et al.
- A comparison of the Giardia lamblia trophozoite and cyst transcriptome using microarrays. BMC Microbiol. (2011) 11: 91. Faghiri Z. and Widmer G.
- Biology of Giardia lamblia. Clin Microbiol Rev. (2001) 14 (3): 447-75. Review. Adam R.D.
- Full Name: Giardia Lamblia ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Stool
- Sensitivity: 0.08 OD units
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS