Human free estrone saliva ELISA kit is an accurate in vitro quantitative method for analysing free estrone (unconjugated estrone) in human saliva samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.12 pg/ml.
Estrone which is also known as 3-hydroxy-1,3,5 (10)-estratrien–17-one, is primarily produced by androstenedione and it is one of the three naturally occurring estrogens besides estradiol and estriol. The physiological role of endogenous estrone has not been well defined presently, however, many bioassay data are indicating that the estrogenic activity of free estrone is considerably lower when compared to that of free estradiol. Some of the characteristic of estrone indicate an essential function during the developing female sex organs and the secondary sex characteristics. The following salivary estrone ELISA kit is designed to provide a stress free procedure which is also non-invasive in order to generate comparable results to other sample and methods.
In women, men, postmenopausal women and prepubertal children the major portion of estrone is found to be derived from conversion of peripheral tissues. Also, premenopausal women are able to secrete more than 50% estrone through the ovaries. Following menopause, there is no dramatic decline in the concentrations of free estrone levels when compared to that experienced for estradiol levels. In males the levels of E1 have been reported to increase inversely with age to that of 17-OH progesterone. In post-menopausal women estrone represents that major form of estrogen, also there is evidence that excessive estrone levels can result from large amounts of androstenedione being converted in patients with ovarian tumors and polycystic ovary syndrome.
FREE ESTRONE SALIVA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwell Plate (96 Wells): Coated with polyclonal estrone antibody.
- Standards 0 – 5: Concentrations 0, 3, 12.3, 37, 111, 333 pg/ml, made up from human estrone. The standards are calibrated against the following reference material. Estrone solution (certified reference material; E-075; cerilliant).
- Control Low And Control High.
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of estrone conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human free estrone using current salivary estrone ELISA kit was approximately 0.12 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3 – 333 pg/ml.
– Free Salivary Estrone (Free Estrone Saliva): ELISA
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.12 – 333.0 pg/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.12 pg/ml.
– Limit of Blank (LoB): 0.08 pg/mL.
– Limit of Detection (LoD): is 1.073 pg/mL.
– Limit of Quantification (LoQ): is 3.104 pg/mL.
– Intra-Assay Variation: 2.4 – 9.4%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 4.2 – 14.1%
– Recovery: 86.3 – 112.2%
– Linearity: 88.5 – 113.9%
– Interfering Substances: Visible blood contamination in saliva samples will affect results.
– Drug Interferences: None
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: None
- Increasing saliva (free) oestriol to progesterone ratio in late pregnancy: a role for oestriol in initiating spontaneous labour in man? Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). (1984) 289 (6443): 457-9. McGarrigle H.H. and Lachelin G.C.
- Saliva oestriol, oestradiol, oestrone and progesterone levels in pregnancy: spontaneous labour at term is preceded by a rise in the saliva oestriol:progesterone ratio. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. (1987) 94 (3): 227-35. Darne J., et al.
- Solid-phase enzymoimmunoassay of estrone in saliva. Clin Chem. (1989) 35 (4): 569-72. Folan J., et al.
- Metabolism of estrone and progesterone in vitro in human saliva. J Steroid Biochem. (1975) 6 (10): 1455-8. Elattar T.M.
- Full Name: Free Estrone Saliva ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Saliva
- Sensitivity: 0.12 pg/ml