Human free beta hCG ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring free beta subunit of human chorionic gonadotropin (free beta hCG, free beta-hCG) in serum. This assay has minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.25 ng/ml.
Free beta chorionic gonadotropin (free beta hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone that is produced by the placenta during pregnancy. Structurally intact hCG molecules are made up of two polypeptide subunits which are non-covalently linked together – alpha and beta chain subunits. The measurement of alpha subunit of hCG is known to give similar results whereas measuring the beta subunits doesn’t. Therefore monoclonal antibodies which are able to recognise unique sites on the beta chain of the ß-hCG/hCG molecule play an essential role in differentiating between hCG and FSH, LH and TSH hormones.
The following human free beta hCG ELISA kit can play a vital role in the early detection of beta hCG. The development of specific assay makes it possible for early detection of beta hCG during pregnancy and this has been vital in screening for Down syndrome and trisomy 18. Pregnancies tend to have higher levels of free beta hCG compared to other others where the fetus has Down syndrome and where the fetus has trisomy 18 then the levels of HCG are much lower. There are also evidence that high levels of ß-hCG/hCG may be associated with chorionepithelioma, seminoma, embryonal cell carcinoma, neoplasms of trophoblastic and nontrophoblastic origin (eg. hydatiform mole).
FREE BETA hCG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwell Plate: Break apart strips that have been coated with anti human beta hCG antigen.
- Standard 0-5: Concentration 0-200.0 ng/ml; standards match the WHO reference reagent human chorionic gonadotrophin, beta subunit (purified) (NIBSC code: 99/650).
- Control Low and Control High. Containing human beta hCG antibody.
- Zero Buffer.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti human beta hCG antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of free beta subunit chorionic gonadotropin (beta hCG, beta-hCG) using current free beta hCG ELISA kit was approximately 0.25 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.25 – 50.0 ng/ml.
- The biological and clinical significance of nicks in human chorionic gonadotropin and its free-beta-subunit. Yale J Biol Med. (1991) 64 (6): 627-37. Review. Cole L.A., et al.
- Physiological studies of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), αhCG, and βhCG as measured by specific monoclonal immunoradiometric assays. Endocrinology (1987) 120: 549-558. Ozturk, M., et al.
- The stability of blood samples for the measurement of the free β subunit of chorionic gonadotrophin. Prenat. Diagn. (1995) 15: 94-95. Densem J., and Wald N.J.
- Serum concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin and its alpha and beta subunits. Clin. Endocrinol. (OXF), (1980) 13: 319-329. Gaspard U.J., et al.
- The beta-core fragment of human chorionic gonadotropin: biochemical background and clinical application. Anticancer Res. (1997) 17 (2B): 1255-72. Review. Schutter E.M., et al.
- Full Name: Free Beta hCG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.25 ng/ml