Human FSH ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.856 mIU/ml.
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) is a glycoprotein which is known to be secreted by basophil cells that are located in the anterior pituitary. The release of FSH from the anterior pituitary is regulated by gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) which is produced by the hypothalamus. Follicle stimulating hormone is just like to other glycoproteins being made up of an alpha and beta subunit. The immunological and biological properties of these glycoproteins is determined solely by the uniqueness of the beta subunits whilst the alpha subunits remain very similar structurally.
Alongside luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone is able to regulate the synthesis and secretion of female and male sex hormones via a negative feedback relationship, together they are able to control the growth and reproductive activities of gonadal tissues. Elevated concentrations of FSH have been identified after menopause, premature ovarian failure and after castration. Due to human follicle stimulating hormone being regulated by a negative feedback mechanism, the concentrations of FSH can be normalized by administration of estrogens. Any abnormalities between the relationship of LH and FSH or estrogen and FSH have been demonstrated to be associated with anorexia nervosa and polycystic ovarian disease. There are exception with ovarian failure when random follicle stimulating hormone levels exceed 40 mIU/mL.
FSH ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwell Plate: Break apart strips which are coated with anti FSH monoclonal antibodies.
- Standards 0-5: Concentrations 0, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 mIU/ml, made up from follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). The standards are calibrated against international standard for follicle stimulation hormone, human recombinant for immunoassay NIBSC code 92/510.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti-FSH conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 0.5M H2SO4; Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) using current human FSH ELISA kit was approximately 0.856 mIU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 5.0 – 100.0 mIU/ml.
– Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH): ELISA
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.86 – 100 mIU/ml
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.856 mIU/ml
– Intra-Assay Variability: 4.18 – 7.91%
– Inter-Assay Variability: 5.15 – 7.81%
– Recovery: 88.5 – 112.1%
– Linearity: 88.8 – 111.0%
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: None detected up to 1600 mIU/mL levels of FSH.
– Interfering Substances: None
– Drug Interferences: None
- Tailoring FSH and LH administration to individual patients. Reprod Biomed Online. (2005) 11 (3): 283-93. Review. Borini A. and Dal Prato L.
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone: A Review of Form and Function in the Treatment of Infertility. Reprod Sci. (2016) 23 (6): 706-16. Smitz J., et al.
- The importance of consistent FSH delivery in infertility treatment. Reprod Biomed Online. (2006) 12 (4): 493-9. Review. Levi Setti P.E.
- Follicle stimulating hormone and its receptor: future perspectives. Hum Reprod. (1998) 13 Suppl 3: 18-35. Review. Chappel S., et al.
- Full Name: Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.856 mIU/ml