Human FGF9 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring fibroblast growth factor-9 (FGF-9, FGF9) in human serum, plasma, body fluids, cell culture supernatant or tissue lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 15.0 pg/ml.
Human FGF9 (fibroblast growth factor-9, FGF-9) is a steroid-regulated mitogen and possesses a broad range of cell survival and mitogenic activities that can be involved in a number of different biological processes such as cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair, invasion, embryonic development and tumor growth. Human FGF9 cDNA has been cloned using oligonucleotide probes that encode a polypeptide consisting of 208 amino acids and it share approx. 30% sequence similarity to the other FGF family members. The standard that is used in the following FGF9 ELISA kit is a recombinant anti human FGF9 that is made up of 208 amino acids and has a molecular mass of 23KDa, due to glycosylation, the molecular mass can be between 25-27KDa.
Fibroblast growth factor-9 is produced and secreted by the prostatic stromal cells, it is a survival factor for mesenchymal or nerve cells and a potent mitogen activator for both prostatic stromal or epithelial cells in culture. FGF9 is a growth factor that is abundantly secreted and can act as either an autocrine mitogen for stromal cells or a paracrine mitogen for epithelial cells. There is evidence that overexpression of this growth factor can play a vital role in epithelial or stromal proliferation in benign prostatic hyperplasia.
FGF9 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standards: Concentration 0-4000.0 pg/ml. Made up from lyophilized recombinant FGF9.
- One 96-well plate: Precoated with fibroblast growth factor-9 antigen.
- Sample diluent buffer.
- Biotinylated anti human FGF-9 antibody.
- Antibody diluent buffer.
- Avidin biotin peroxidase complex (ABC).
- ABC diluent buffer.
- TMB colour developing agent.
- TMB stop solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of fibroblast growth factor-9 (FGF-9, FGF9) using current human FGF9 ELISA kit was approximately < 15.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000.0 pg/ml.
- FGF9 on the move. Nat Genet. (2009) 41 (3): 272-3. Spicer D.
- Accumulation of FGF-9 in prostate cancer correlates with epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and induction of VEGF-A expression. Anticancer Res. (2014) 34 (2): 695-700. Teishima J., et al.
- Autoinhibitory mechanism for the mutation-induced impaired FGF9 signaling. J Chem Inf Model. (2012) 52 (9): 2422-9. Wang Y., et al.
- FGF-9 is an autocrine and paracrine prostatic growth factor expressed by prostatic stromal cells. J Cell Physiol. (1999) 180 (1): 53-60. Giri D., Ropiquet F. and Ittmann M.
- Full Name: FGF9 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Body Fluids, Tissue Lysate, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 15.0 pg/ml