- Created on the 19 January, 2018.
Feline FeLV-gp70 ELISA kit is a method for detecting feline leukemia virus gp70 (FeLV-gp70) antibodies present in either plasma or serum. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
Feline leukemia virus (FeLV) is an infectious disease which is most common in cats. It can cause various blood disorders which can develop into leukaemia (cancer of the bone marrow), lymphoma (solid tumour of lymphocytes) and various other tumors. Due to this condition common viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa which usually did not affect healthy cats can now result in severe illness in FeLV infected cats. FeLV-gp70 is the glycoprotein of the envelope of FeLV. Following infection, antibodies against gp70 are produced by cats which have a neutralising effect. It is widely accepted that a cat is protected if it has a neutralizing antibody titre above ± 32.
The standard range of antibodies to feline leukemia virus (FeLV, feline leukemia virus) using current feline FeLV-gp70 ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Structure and self assembly of a retrovirus (FeLV) proline rich neutralization domain. J Biomol Struct Dyn. (1994) 11 (4): 821-36. Fontenot J.D., et al.
- Clearance of feline leukemia virus from persistently infected pet cats treated by extracorporeal immunoadsorption is correlated with an enhanced antibody response to FeLV gp 70. J Immunol. (1984) 132 (3): 1538-43. Snyder H.W. Jr, et al.
- Feline leukemia vaccine: efficacy, contents and probable mechanism. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (1986) 11 (3): 205-13. Mastro J.M., et al.
- Control of feline leukaemia virus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (1989) 21 (1): 69-83. Review. Weijer K., et al.
- Appearance of cytotoxic antibody to viral gp70 on feline lymphoma cells (FL-74) in cats during ex vivo immunoadsorption therapy: quantitation, characterization, and association with remission of disease and disappearance of viremia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (1984) 81 (11): 3516-20. Liu W.T., et al.
- Full Name: FCV-gp70 (Feline Leukemia Virus) ELISA Kit (Feline)
- Reactivity: Feline
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative