- Created on the 19 January, 2018.
Feline leukemia virus (FeLV) is responsible for causing various blood disorder such as leukaemia and lymphoma in cats. If the virus is not defeated by the animal’s immune system then this could lead diseases which might be lethal. Also, this is a species specific virus and is not able to infect other animals such as dogs. There are vaccines that are available, however, they do not offer 100% protection and serious side effects have been reported. One of the major core protein of FeLV is FeLV p27-antigen, this antigen can be found in the blood of FeLV infected felines. The FeLV-p27 antigen ELISA test offers an alternative to the more widely used method IFA test on blood smears, with both procedures providing comparable results. We would also recommend carrying out an IFA, PCR or virus-isolation in order to confirm a positive ELISA result.
Feline FeLV-gp27 ELISA kit is designed to detect feline leukemia virus-p27 antigen (FeLV-gp27) using serum and plasma samples. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
The standard range of feline leukemia virus-p27 antigen using this feline FeLV-gp27 ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- No benefit of therapeutic vaccination in clinically healthy cats persistently infected with feline leukemia virus. Vaccine. (2015) 33 (13): 1578-85. Helfer-Hungerbuehler A.K., et al.
- Monoclonal antibodies to three epitopic regions of feline leukemia virus p27 and their use in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of p27. J Immunol Methods. (1983) 56 (2): 209-20. Lutz H., et al.
- Expression of viral proteins in feline leukemia virus-associated enteritis. Vet Pathol. (2000) 37 (2): 129-36. Kipar A., et al.
- Exposure of cats to low doses of FeLV: seroconversion as the sole parameter of infection. Vet Res. (2010) 41 (2): 17. Major A., et al.
- Development and clinical evaluation of a rapid diagnostic kit for feline leukemia virus infection. J Vet Sci. (2014) 15 (1): 91-7. Kim W.S., et al.
- Full Name: FCV-gp27 (Feline Leukemia Virus) Antigen ELISA Kit (Feline)
- Reactivity: Feline
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative