Human estrone ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring estrone in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 8.1 pg/ml.
Estrone is mainly biosynthesised from cholesterol, the reaction involving this process occurs predominately in the gonads and the adipose tissues. Once the estrone has been produced, it is then secreted from these tissue to the rest of the body. Around 80% of estrone if found to be bound to albumin in circulation, 16% bound to SHBG and the remaining 4% unbound or freely circulating.
The following estrone ELISA kit is designed for measuring various types of diagnostic applications. There are many bioassay data which are indicating that the estrogenic activity of human estrone can be much lower when compared to that of estradiol. Estrone is one of the major naturally occuring estrogens besides estriol and estradiol, it has a vital functions in developing female sex organs and secondary sex characteristics. Androstenedione is primarily responsible for the production of estrone. In men, postmenopausal women and prepubertal children the predominant portion of estrone can be derived from conversion of peripheral tissues. Also, more than 50% human estrone can be secreted by the ovaries in premenopausal women.
ESTRONE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells: Break apart strips containing wells that are coated with estrone antigen.
- Standards 0-6: Concentration 0-2400 pg/mL. The standards are calibrated against certified reference material code E-075 (Cerilliant).
- Control Low and Control High: Contains human estrone.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of estrone antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of estrone using current human estrone ELISA kit was approximately 8.1 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.0 – 2,400.0 ng/ml.
- Estrone sulfatase and its inhibitors. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. (2009) 9 (6): 599-612. Review. Aidoo-Gyamfi K., et al.
- Conjugation of estrone glucuronide with human lysozyme. J Immunoassay Immunochem. (2015) 36 (5): 532-46. Cooke D.G and Blackwell L.F.
- Estrone is neuroprotective in rats after traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma. (2012) 29 (12): 2209-19. Gatson J.W., et al.
- Full Name: Estrone ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 8.1 pg/ml