- Created on the 3 November, 2017.
Estradiol (also called 17β-estradiol or E2) is an estrogenic hormone with a molecular of 272.4 Da, it contains a phenolic A ring and is produced mainly in the adrenal cortex, male testes, ovary and placenta. Majority (> 98%) of the estradiol that is present in the bloodstream circulates attached to the sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) or albumin (lesser extent). This leaves a very small fraction to be circulation either as a free hormone or in the conjugated form. This hormone has many target sites for example pituitary, hypothalamus, liver, skin, breast, follicles, vagina, urethra and uterus. Apart from its effects on sexual characteristics, estradiol is also very important in influencing the growth and development of the brain. In female rodents, the measurement of estradiol provides a vital marker for evaluating and monitoring essential reproductive functions and as well as pregnancy.
Rat estradiol ELISA kit can be used for determining quantitative amounts of estradiol (E2, 17β-estradiol) in rat serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 2.5 pg/ml.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of estradiol (E2 or 17β-estradiol) using this rat estradiol ELISA Kit was approximately 2.5 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 5.0 – 1,280.0 pg/ml.
- Estradiol modulates effort-based decision making in female rats. Neuropsychopharmacology. (2012) 37 (2): 390-401. Uban K.A., et al.
- Comparison of the effects of estradiol and progesterone on serotonergic function. Biol Psychiatry. (2012) 71 (7): 633-41. Benmansour S., et al.
- Circulating sex hormones modulate vascular contractions and acute response to 17β-estradiol in rat mesenteric arteries. Pharmacology. (2011) 88 (1-2): 55-64. Keung W. and Man R.Y.
- Sympathetic regulation of ovarian functions under chronic estradiol treatment in rats. Auton Neurosci. (2016) 197: 19-24. Uchida S. and Kagitani F.
- Somatostatin inhibits prolactin secretion in the estradiol primed male rat. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. (1981) 59 (10): 1082-8. Cooper G.R. and Shin S.H.
- Full Name: Estradiol ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 2.5 pg/ml