Human estradiol E2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring estradiol E2 levels in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection of 10.0 pg/ml.
Estradiol E2 is a steroid hormone that has a molecular weight of 272.4 Da, it contains a phenolic A ring. It is one of the most potent natural estrogen which can be produced predominately by the placenta, ovary, male testes and adrenal cortex. Over 98% of it is secreted into the bloodstream is found to circulate attached to the sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and to a less extent to other proteins like albumin. This means that only a very small faction circulates in the conjugated form or as a free hormone form. There are estradiol-receptor complexes which are responsible for stimulating the appropriate response at the nuclear level within the specific the target sites. There are many target sites which can include: follicles, breast, uterus, urethra, vagina, pituitary, hypothalamus and to a lesser extent skin and liver.
The following estradiol E2 ELISA kit is suitable for analysing only serum samples. Measuring estradiol E2 serum levels can be essential in helping to evaluate a number of different menstrual dysfunctions for example precocious, menopause, delayed puberty in girls, primary and secondary amenorrhea. Elevated levels have also be identified in patients with gynaecomastia, testicular tumors and feminizing syndromes. In non-pregnant women with normal menstrual cycles, the secretion of estradiol is following a biphasic, cyclic pattern where the greatest levels are found just prior to ovulation. This can exert a positive feedback influence at the level of the pituitary where it can regulate the secretion of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH) and gonadotropins, all of which are vital for follicular maturation and ovulation. However, during pregnancy, the concentration of maternal serum estradiol levels is known to increase rapidly, to levels that are above the pre-ovulatory peak levels and these high levels are sustained throughout the pregnancy.
ESTRADIOL E2 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with estradiol antigen.
- Standards: Concentration 0 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
- Control Low and Control High: Containing human estradiol E2.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of estradiol conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of estradiol E2 using current human estradiol E2 ELISA kit was approximately 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
- Correlation between estradiol and progesterone in cycles with luteal phase deficiency. Fertil. Steril. (1982) 37: 348-354. Goldstein D., et al.
- The serum transport of steroid hormones, Rec. Prog. Horm. Res. (1982) 38: 457-510. Siiteri P.K., et al.
- Steroid biosynthesis by isolated human ovarian follicular cells in vitro, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. (1980) 51: 1407-1411. Tsang B.K., Armstrong D.T. and Whitfield J.F.
- Oestradiol assays: applications and guidelines for the provision of a clinical biochemistry service, Ann. Clin. Biochem. (1988) 25:466-483. Ratcliffe W.A.,et al.
- Full Name: Estradiol E2 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 10.0 pg/ml