- Created on the 28 July, 2017.
Entamoeba histolytica is regarded as a causative agent of amoebiasis and it is an anaerobic parasitic amoebozoa. It is only trophozoites which is the virulent strain that has the ability to invade the intestinal wall, resulting in forming ulcers that can later be released later as either mucous or blood into the faeces. E histolytica can lead to wide spectrum of illnesses which are essentially intestinal conditions which can be caused by ameboma, acute proctocolitis, symptomatic non-invasive infection, perianal ulceration, chronic non-dysenteric colitis and asymptomatic infection. Currently, it is estimated to cause infection in over 50 million people around the world. Stool samples are commonly used for diagnosis using a number of microscopy techniques, also the use of ELISA assays can offer an alternative option for antigen detection.
Human Entamoeba histolytica-IgG ELISA kit can be used for in-vitro quantitative detection of antibodies to entamoeba histolytica antigen in samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. > 95%.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human entamoeba histolytica IgG using this human Entamoeba histolytica-IgG ELISA kit was to diagn. > 95%. The dynamic assay range for this kit is to a cut-off index point.
- Molecular weight analysis of Entamoeba histolytica antigens recognized by IgG and IgM antibodies in the sera of patients with amoebiasis. Trop Med Parasitol. (1987) 38 (3): 149-52. Schulz T.F., et al.
- Molecular characterization of IgG and IgE antigens of Entamoeba histolytica. Arch Med Res. (1992) 23 (2): 255-7. Plaimauer B., et al.
- Profiles of Entamoeba histolytica-specific immunoglobulins in human sera. Asian Pac J Trop Med. (2012) 5 (3): 234-8. Rivera W.L., et al.
- The neutral cysteine proteinase of Entamoeba histolytica degrades IgG and prevents its binding. J Infect Dis. (1998) 177 (2): 508-11. Tran V.Q., et al.
- Sensitivity and specificity of a new commercial enzyme-linked immunoassay kit for detecting Entamoeba histolytica IgG antibodies in serum samples. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. (2005) 24 (10): 701-3. Knappik M., et al.
- Full Name: Entamoeba Histolytica IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: diagn. > 95%