- Created on the 28 July, 2017.
Human Entamoeba histolytica Ag ELISA kit is intended for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of entamoeba histolytica antigen using faecal samples. The lower detection limit was determined as 5x 103 – 6x 103 trophozoites per mL (stool suspension).
Entamoeba histolytica is an anaerobic parasitic amoebozoa which is the causative agent of amoebiasis. It has the ability to modulate the virulence of certain human viruses, whilst also being a host for its own virus. At present in its estimated to have infection over 50 million people worldwide. Only trophozoites of virulent strains are able to invade the intestinal wall, leading to the formation of ulcers which are later released into blood and mucous into the faeces. E histolytica is predominately transmitted through the ingestion of the cystic form (i.e. the infective stage) of the protozoa. It can be viable in the environment for many months. Cysts can be found in fecally contaminated soil, fertilizer, water and on the contaminated hands of food handlers. The infectious cysts are able to be spread via faecal-oral transmission. E histolytica is able to cause a spectrum of illnesses, intestinal conditions resulting from this infection include asymptomatic infection, acute proctocolitis (dysentery), ameboma, perianal ulceration, symptomatic non-invasive infection, chronic non-dysenteric colitis, fulminant colitis with perforation and toxic megacolon. It can be diagnosed using stool samples, however, it is vital to note that certain other species are impossible to distinguish by using microscopy alone.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of antigen entamoeba histolytica using current human Entamoeba histolytica Ag ELISA kit was 5x 103 – 6x 103 trophozoites per mL of stool suspension. The dynamic range for this assay is to a cut-off index point.
- Prevalence of amoebiasis in a model research community and its confirmation using stool antigen elisa for Entamoeba histolytica. Pak J Pharm Sci. (2016) 29 (5): 1587-1590. Akhtar T., et al.
- Entamoeba histolytica: adhesins and lectins in the trophozoite surface. Molecules. 2015) 20 (2): 2802-15. Review. Aguirre García M., et al.
- Analysis of Entamoeba histolytica excretory-secretory antigen and identification of a new potential diagnostic marker. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2011) 18 (11): 1913-7. Wong W.K., et al.
- Multisite clinical evaluation of a rapid test for Entamoeba histolyticain stool. J Clin Microbiol. (2015) 53 (2): 493-7. Verkerke H.P., et al.
- Comparison of PCR, isoenzyme analysis, and antigen detection for diagnosis of Entamoeba histolytica infection. J Clin Microbiol. (1998) 36 (2): 449-52. Haque R., et al.
- Full Name: Entamoeba Histolytica Ag ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Faecal
- Sensitivity: 5x 103 – 6x 103 trophozoites per mL