Human endothelin-3 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring ET-3 (endothelin-3, EDN3) in human tissue extracts, cell culture media, serum and plasma (EDTA). This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.36 pg/ml.
Endothelin-3 (ET-3, EDN3) is a member of the endothelin family of proteins and in humans is encoded by the EDN3 gene. These are essentially endothelium-derived vasoactive peptides which are involved in a number of different biological functions. The following endothelin-3 ELISA kit is an essential diagnostic tool for clinical applications. The active form of this protein is a 21 amino acid sequence that is formed by the cleavage of the precursor protein. This is a ligand for endothelin receptor type B (EDNRB) and the interaction of this ligand with human endothelin-3 is essential for development of many neural crest-derived cell lineages for example enteric neurons and melanocytes. Any mutations in this gene and EDNRB are known to be linked to Waardenburg syndrome (WS) and Hirschsprung disease (HSCR), both of which are neural crest-derived cell congenital disorders. The levels of endothelin-3 are found to be elevated in colon carcinoma, this is responsible for supporting cell survival and proliferation.
ENDOTHELIN-3 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Microplate: Wells bound with ET-3 antigen 15-21 rabbit IgG affinity purify.
- Labelled Antibody (30x Concentrated): Consisting of HRP conjugated to endothelin-3 antibody.
- Standards: Concentration 0 – 100.0 pg/ml, made from human ET-3 peptide.
- EIA Buffer.
- Label Antibody Solution.
- TMB Chromogen Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human ET-3 (EDN3, endothelin-3) using current human endothelin-3 ELISA kit was approximately 0.36 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.78 – 100.0 pg/ml.
- Increased plasma levels of big endothelin-2 and big endothelin-3 in patients with end-stage renal disease. Life Sci. (2012) 91 (13-14): 729-32. Miyauchi Y., et al.
- Anatomically distinct activation of endothelin-3 and the L-arginine/nitric oxide pathway in the kidney with advanced aging. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2005) 327 (1): 234-41. Lattmann T., et al.
- Frequent loss of endothelin-3 (EDN3) expression due to epigenetic inactivation in human breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. (2009) 11 (3): R34. Wiesmann F., et al.
- Endothelin-3 production by human rhabdomyosarcoma: a possible new marker with a paracrine role. Eur J Cancer. (2006) 42 (5): 680-7. Palladini A., et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-3 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Media, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.36 pg/ml