Human endothelin-2 (1-31) ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for determining endothelin-2 [ET-2 (1-31)] or endothelin-2 (1-31) in human tissue extracts, serum, cell culture media and plasma (EDTA). This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 4.0 pg/ml.
Endothelins belong to a family of isopeptides which includes big endothelin, endothelin-1, endothelin-2 and endothelin-3. They are characterised by having two essential disulfide bridges, a conserved amino acid sequence at the C-terminal and their potent vasoconstriction activity. Endothelins are produced by vascular endothelium cells which can be found in various tissues in vivo, such as pituitary, kidney, lung, placenta and brain.
The following endothelin-2 [ET-2 (1-31)] ELISA kit is specific for ET-2 (1-31) and will not cross-react with endothelin (1-21) and big endothelin. However, it can be used to recognise both native and synthetic peptide forms of human ET-2 (1-31). Recently, a discovery of a novel smooth muscles constricting 31-amino acid endothelin was made, which was named human endothelin-2 (1-31) or human ET-2 (1-31). This was found to be generated from the big endothelin using human chymase to cleave Tyr31 – Gly32 bond.
ENDOTHELIN-2 (1-31) ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Microplate: Wells coated with ET-2 antigen 25-31 rabbit IgG affinity purify.
- Labelled Antibody: Consisting of HRP conjugated with human ET-2 (1-31) antibody.
- EIA Buffer.
- Standards: Concentration 0 – 500.0 pg/ml, made up from endothelin-2 peptide.
- TMB Substrate Buffer.
- Stop Solution.
- Chromogen Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
- Label Antibody Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of endothelin-2 [ET-2 (1-31)] using current human endothelin-2 (1-31) ELISA kit was approximately 4.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.91 – 500.0 pg/ml.
- Chymase processes big endothelin-2 to endothelin-2-(1-31) that induces contractile responses in the isolated monkey trachea. Eur J Pharmacol. (1998) 358 (3): 229-33. Takai S, Shiota N, Jin D, Miyazaki M.
- Characterization of endothelin isoforms in human heart: endothelin-2 demonstrated. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. (1993) 22 Suppl 8: S26-8. Plumpton C, et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-2 (1-31) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma (EDTA), Cell Culture Media, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Sensitivity: 4.0 pg/ml