- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Endothelin-1 (1-31) ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for analysing endothelin-1 (1-31)(ET-1 [1-31]) in human serum, EDTA-plasma, tissue extracts and cell culture media. This endothelin-1 (1-31) ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.62 pg/ml.
Endothelins are characterised by their potent vasoconstriction activity and are isopeptides that are produced and released by vascular endothelium. All family members (big endothelin, endothelin-1, 2 and 3) possess two essential disulfide bridges and portion of conserved amino acid sequence residues present at the C-terminus. Endothelins can be produced by many different of tissues in vivo, for example brain, lung, kidney, pituitary or placenta.
Recently, a novel smooth muscles constricting 31-amino acid endothelin was discovered and named endothelin-1 (1-31)(ET-1 [1-31]). This was initially generated following specific cleavage of Tyr31 – Gly32 bond from big endothelin using human chymase. endothelin-1 (1-31) was found to exhibit qn equivalent or lower contractile potency when compared to the 21-amino acid endothelin (ET-1 [1-21]), also this observed effect was dependent on vessel type, vessel size and species type. The endothelin-1 (1-31) ELISA kit can also be used for rat, canine, murine, bovine, porcine and rabbit investigations since the amino acid sequence in these animals is the same as in humans.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human endothelin-1 (1-31)(ET-1 [1-31]) using this endothelin-1 (1-31) ELISA kit was approximately 0.62 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this ET-1 (1-31) ELISA assay is 1.56 – 200.0 pg/ml.
- Endothelin-1 kinetics in plasma urine, and blister fluid in burn patients. Annals of Plastic Surgery. (1996) 37, No.3, 305-309. Wakisaka et al.
- Specific sandwich-type enzyme immunoassays for smooth muscle constricting novel 31-amino acid endothelins. Biochem Biophys Res Common. (1999) 256(1) : 1-5, 1999. Okishima N. et al.
- Endothelin-1 (1-31): from chymase-dependent synthesis to cardiovascular pathologies. Vascul Pharmacol. (2008) 49 (2-3): 51-62. Review. D’Orléans-Juste P., et al.
- Arrhythmogenic action of endothelin-1(1-31) through conversion to endothelin-1(1-21). Exp Biol Med (Maywood). (2006) 231 (6): 937-41. Ren A.J., et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-1 (ET-1)(1-31) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, EDTA-Plasma, Tissue Extracts, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.62 pg/ml