Human endothelin-1 (1-31) ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for analysing ET-1 (1-31), endothelin-1 (1-31) in human cell culture media, serum, plasma (EDTA) and tissue extracts. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.62 pg/ml.
Endothelins are characterised by their potent vasoconstriction activity and are isopeptides that are produced and released by vascular endothelium. All family members (big endothelin, endothelin-1, endothelin-2 and endothelin-3) possess two essential disulfide bridges and portion of conserved amino acid sequence residues present at the C-terminus. Endothelins can be produced by many different of tissues in vivo, for example brain, lung, kidney, pituitary or placenta.
Recently, a novel smooth muscles constricting 31-amino acid endothelin-1 was discovered and named human endothelin-1 (1-31) or human ET-1 (1-31). This was initially generated following specific cleavage of Tyr31 – Gly32 bond from big endothelin using human chymase. Human endothelin-1 was found to exhibit an equivalent or lower contractile potency when compared to the 21-amino acid endothelin-1 (1-21), also this observed effect was dependent on vessel type, vessel size and species type.
ENDOTHELIN-1 (1-31) ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Microplate: Wells bound with ET-1 antigen 25-31 rabbit IgG affinity purify.
- Labelled Antibody (30x Concentrated): Consisting of HRP conjugated to anti human ET-1 (1-31) antibody.
- Standards: Concentration 0 – 200.0 pg/ml. Made up from human endothelin-1 (1-31) peptide.
- EIA Buffer.
- Label Antibody Solution.
- TMB Chromogen Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of edothelin-1 using current human ET-1 (1-31) ELISA kit was approximately 0.62 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.56 – 200.0 pg/ml.
- Endothelin-1 kinetics in plasma urine, and blister fluid in burn patients. Annals of Plastic Surgery. (1996) 37, No.3, 305-309. Wakisaka et al.
- Specific sandwich-type enzyme immunoassays for smooth muscle constricting novel 31-amino acid endothelins. Biochem Biophys Res Common. (1999) 256(1) : 1-5, 1999. Okishima N. et al.
- Endothelin-1 (1-31): from chymase-dependent synthesis to cardiovascular pathologies. Vascul Pharmacol. (2008) 49 (2-3): 51-62. Review. D’Orléans-Juste P., et al.
- Arrhythmogenic action of endothelin-1(1-31) through conversion to endothelin-1(1-21). Exp Biol Med (Maywood). (2006) 231 (6): 937-41. Ren A.J., et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-1 (1-31) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Extracts, Plasma (EDTA), Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.62 pg/ml