Human endothelin-1 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative method for detecting ET-1 (endothelin-1, EDN1) in human tissue extracts, serum, plasma (EDTA), and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.75 pg/ml.
Endothelin-1 (ET-1, EDN1) is a 21 amino acid peptide that is produced from big ET-1 through the action of endothelin converting enzyme (ECE), which are found on vascular endothelial cell membrane. The formation and release of human ET-1 is known to be stimulated by angiotensin II, antidiuretic hormone, cytokines, thrombin and other shearing forces that can be acting on the vascular endothelium. Also, the release of human endothelin-1 can be inhibited by atrial natriuretic peptides, nitric oxides and by prostacyclin.
Due to its powerful vasoconstrictor properties and the effects it has on intracellular calcium, endothelin-1 has been implicated in many pathogenesis related to hypertension, heart failure and coronary vasospasm. The receptor antagonists have also been shown to decrease mortality and improve hemodynamic in many experimental models of heart failure.
ENDOTHELIN-1 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human endothelin-1 (EDN1).
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti endogulin-1 antibody.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled EDN1 Antibody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of ET-1 (EDN1, endothelin-1) using current human endothelin-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.25 – 80.0 pg/ml.
– Endothelin-1 (ET-1, EDN1): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting EDN1, no cross reactivity or interference between other endothelin-1 analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (91 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10% within the expiration date.
- Endothelin 1 and the kidney–beyond BP. Br J Pharmacol. (2012) 167 (4): 720-31. Review. Dhaun N., Webb D.J. and Kluth D.C.
- Role of endothelin-1 in mediating changes in cardiac sympathetic nerve activity in heart failure. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. (2016) 310 (1): R94-9. Abukar Y., May C.N. and Ramchandra R.
- Inducible human endothelin 1 overexpression in endothelium raises blood pressure via endothelin type A receptors. Hypertension. (2015) 66 (2): 347-55. Rautureau Y., et al.
- Endothelin-1 and the kidney: new perspectives and recent findings. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. (2016) 25 (1): 35-41. Review. De Miguel C., et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-1 (ET-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (EDTA), Tissue Extracts, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.39 pg/ml