- Created on the 2 February, 2017.
Endothelin-1 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative method for detecting endothelin-1 (ET-1) in human serum, EDTA-plasma, cell culture supernatant and tissue extracts. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.39 pg/ml.
Endothelin-1 (ET-1) is a 21 amino acid peptide that is produced from big ET-1 through the action of endothelin converting enzyme (ECE), which are found on vascular endothelial cell membrane. The formation and release of ET-1 is known to be stimulated by angiotensin II, antidiuretic hormone, cytokines, thrombin and other shearing forces that can be acting on the vascular endothelium. Also, the release of endothelin-1 can be inhibited by atrial natriuretic peptides, nitric oxides and by prostacyclin.
Due to its powerful vasoconstrictor properties and the effects it has on intracellular calcium, ET-1 has been implicated in many pathogenesis related to hypertension, heart failure and coronary vasospasm. The receptor antagonists have also been shown to decrease mortality and improve hemodynamic in many experimental models of heart failure. Endothelin-1 ELISA kit is a critical diagnostic marker for early detection of ET-1.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human ET-1 using current endothelin-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.39 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.78 – 100.0 pg/ml.
- Endothelin-1 and the kidney–beyond BP. Br J Pharmacol. (2012) 167 (4): 720-31. Review. Dhaun N., Webb D.J. and Kluth D.C.
- Role of endothelin-1 in mediating changes in cardiac sympathetic nerve activity in heart failure. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. (2016) 310 (1): R94-9. Abukar Y., May C.N. and Ramchandra R.
- Inducible human endothelin-1 overexpression in endothelium raises blood pressure via endothelin type A receptors. Hypertension. (2015) 66 (2): 347-55. Rautureau Y., et al.
- Endothelin-1 and the kidney: new perspectives and recent findings. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. (2016) 25 (1): 35-41. Review. De Miguel C., et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-1 (ET-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, EDTA-Plasma, Tissue Extracts, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.39 pg/ml