- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Echinococcus granulosus can also be called by many other names which includes hyper tape-worm, dog tapeworm or hydatid worm. It has the ability to infect many domestic and wild mammals in order to act as intermediate host for example humans, cats, sheep, horses, cattle, pigs, goats, kangaroos, camelids and deer. E. granulosus is found to be present around the world but the prevalence seems to vary considerably. It is often more abundant in rural areas which have livestock and wildlife in combination with poor sanitary conditions. Adult Echinococcus granulosus worms tend to be quite small (approx. 7mm), having only 4 segments where the final one is the largest and gravid (filled with eggs), the head (called scolex) consists of 4 suckers and there are a number of hooks which are useful for attaching to the gut wall.
Human Echinococcus granulosus-IgG ELISA kit is intended for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgG antibodies to Echinococcus granulosus using serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.1 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Echinococcus granulosus IgG using this human Echinococcus granulosus-IgG ELISA kit was 1.1 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Analysis of specific IgE and IgGsubclass antibodies for diagnosis of Echinococcus granulosus. Parasite Immunol. (2006) 28 (8): 357-62. Khabiri A.R., et al.
- Microfluidic immunosensor with gold nanoparticle platform for the determination of immunoglobulin G anti-Echinococcus granulosusantibodies. Anal Biochem. (2011) 409 (1): 98-104. Pereira S.V., et al.
- Recombinant AgB8/1 ELISA test vs. commercially available IgGELISA test in the diagnosis of cystic echinococcosis. Parasite Immunol. (2013) 35 (12): 433-40. Tamarozzi F., et al.
- Immunodiagnosis of human hydatid disease: Where do we stand? World J Methodol. (2015) 5 (4): 185-95. Review. Sarkari B. and Rezaei Z.
- Full Name: Echinococcus Granulosus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.1 U/ml