- Created on the 18 July, 2017.
Human EBV VCA IgA ELISA kit is intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgA antibodies to Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV VCA IgA) using serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV-VCA) has an important role in providing the viral capsid of the Epstein–Barr virus (EBV). This antigen is targeted by anti-VCA antibodies and these antibodies are crucial in the diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis using many different serology testing methods. Elevated levels of anti-VCA IgG antibodies is a good indicator of prior infection whereas elevated levels of anti-VCA IgM can indicate acute infection. The anti-VCA IgM appears early during an EBV infection and it tends to disappear between 4-6 weeks, whereas anti-VCA IgG is present during the acute phase of EBV infections (peaks between 2-4 weeks and persist throughout a person life). Clinical findings of infectious mononucleosis can be identified in conjunction with the appearance of IgM and IgG anti-VCA antibodies. Also, for primary infections, the sensitivity of IgM and IgG anti-VCA testing are regarded as being 100% reliable.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgA antibodies against Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV-VCA-IgA) using current human EBV VCA IgA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
- A meta-analysis on the EBV DNA and VCA-IgA in diagnosis of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. Pak J Med Sci. (2013) 29 (3): 885-90. Review. Song C. and Yang S.
- Correlation Analysis of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma TNM Staging with Serum EA IgA and VCA IgA in EBV and VEGF-C and -D. Med Sci Monit. (2015) 21: 2105-9. Sun R., et al.
- Expression of Serum Sialic Acid, Early Antigen-IgA, and Viral Capsid Antigen-IgA in Nasopharynx Cancer Patients: The Diagnostic Implication of Combined Assays. Med Sci Monit. (2015) 21: 4068-73. Sun Y., et al.
- Development of a time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay for Epstein-Barr virus viral capsid antigen IgA antibody in human serum. J Virol Methods. (2015) 222: 16-21. Liang Q.N., et al.
- Evaluation of a semi-quantitative ELISA for IgA antibody against Epstein-Barr virus capsid antigen in the serological diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Infect Dis. (2014) 25: 110-5. Chen H., et al.
- Increased incidence of IgA antibodies to the Epstein-Barr virus-associated viral capsid antigen and early antigens in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Int J Cancer. (1986) 38 (1): 55-9. Dölken G., et al.
- Full Name: EBV VCA IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml