- Created on the 18 July, 2017.
Human EBV EBNA-1 IgM ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies against Epstein–Barr virus EBNA-1 (EBV EBNA-1 IgM) in plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.09 U/ml.
Epstein–Barr nuclear antigen 1 (EBNA1) was the first Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) protein which was detected and is probably one of the most widely studied, it is expressed in both lytic and latent modes of EBV infections. EBNA-1displays a number of properties which include formation of dimers, sequence specific binding to DNA, multifunctional phosphorylation, the stimulation of cellular gene expression and nuclear localisation. The expression of EBV-encoded proteins has been found to be most stringently restricted in primary Burkitt’s lymphoma where only EBNA1 and the non-translated Epstein-Barr virus-encoded small nuclear RNAs are transcribed. EBNA1 consists of a glycine–alanine repeat sequence and this separates the protein into the amino- and carboxy-terminal domains, other roles for this sequence include preventing proteasomal breakdown, stabilising the protein, antigen processing and MHC class I-restricted antigen presentation. Many studies have indicated a vital role of EBNA1 in maintaining tumor function. EBV EBNA-1 IgM antibody ELISA kit is ideal for detecting many types of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of anti-IgM against Epstein–Barr virus EBNA-1 (EBV EBNA-1 IgM) using current human EBV EBNA-1 IgM ELISA kit was 1.09 U/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- The rapid diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis using an ELISA that detects IgM antibody to a peptide component of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (1991) 14 (4): 287-91. Levin M.J., et al.
- Mapping an epitope in EBNA-1 that is recognized by monoclonal antibodies to EBNA-1 that cross-react with dsDNA. Immun Inflamm Dis. (2016) 4 (3): 362-75. Yadav P., et al.
- [Evaluation of IgG-IgM antibodies against the Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen (EBNA-1) using ELISA]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. (1992) 10 (5): 281-3. Spanish. Martínez Zapico R., et al.
- Identical IgM antibodies recognizing a glycine-alanine epitope are induced during acute infection with Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus. J Clin Lab Anal. (1990) 4 (6): 456-64. Rhodes G., et al.
- Serological diagnosis of Epstein-Barr virus infection: Problems and solutions. World J Virol. (2012) 1 (1): 31-43. Review. De Paschale M. and Clerici P.
- Full Name: EBV EBNA-1 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.09 U/ml