Human EBV EBNA-1 IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgG antibodies to Epstein–Barr virus EBNA-1 (EBV EBNA-1 IgG) using serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.64 U/ml.
Epstein–Barr nuclear antigen 1 (EBNA1) is a dimeric and multifunctional viral protein which is linked to Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), it also has an vital function in maintaining and establishing the altered state the cells undertake following infection by EBV. EBNA1 contains a repeat sequence of glycine–alanine which separates the protein into the carboxy and amino-terminal domains. Another role of this sequence is in stabilising the protein and preventing proteasomal breakdown, in addition to impairing MHC class I-restricted antigen presentation and antigen processing. EBNA1 is the only latent protein-encoding genes that is identified to be consistently expressed in Burkitt’s lymphoma cells, this contributes to EBV malignancies via B cell-directed expression. There have many publications which indicate another important role of EBNA1 is in maintaining the function in tumors. There has also been recent associations to epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) within nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells and this is through the TGF-β1/miR-200/ZEB signalling pathway.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against Epstein–Barr virus EBNA-1 (EBV-EBNA-1 IgG) using current human EBV EBNA-1 IgG ELISA kit was 1.64 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- High anti-EBNA-1 IgG levels are associated with early-onset myasthenia gravis. Eur J Neurol. (2012) 19 (6): 842-6. Csuka D., et al.
- Evaluation of a new ELISA for the detection of specific IgG to the Epstein-Barrnuclear antigen 1 (EBNA-1). Clin Lab. (2007) 53 (3-4): 151-5. Schenk B.I., et al.
- Low intrathecal immune response of anti-EBNA-1 antibodies and EBV DNA from multiple sclerosis patients. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (2011) 70 (1): 85-90. Villegas E., et al.
- The glycine-alanine repeating region is the major epitope of the Epstein-Barrnuclear antigen-1 (EBNA-1). J Immunol. (1987) 138 (2): 593-9. Rumpold H., et al.
- Comparison of two commercial ELISA systems for evaluating anti-EBNA1 IgG titers. J Med Virol. (2013) 85 (1): 128-31. Dobson R., et al.
- Full Name: EBV EBNA-1 IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.64 U/ml