- Created on the 3 November, 2017.
Dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) is a protein that is vital for dentin and proper mineralisation of bone, it can be found in a wide range of cells of tooth and bone tissues. A member of the Small Integrin-Binding Ligand, N-linked Glycoprotein (SIBLING) family and a constitutive protein that is present within the extracellular matrix of osteocytes. Initially synthesised as 105kDa proprotein (full length) and then divided into 57kDa C terminal protein fragment and a 37kDa N terminal protein fragment just before it is being secreted. The protein itself consists multiple phosphorylation sites acidic domains, a large number of acidic domains, a DNA binding domain and a functional arg-gly-asp cell attachment sequence. DMP1 in the blood is regarded as a crucial biomarker that can reflect osteocyte activity, provide useful information on the process of bone and phosphate metabolism. Mutations in the gene are found to lead to autosomal recessive hypophosphatemia, this is a disease which results in osteomalacia and rickets. The concentration of DMP1 present in rat blood can determined quantitatively using ELISA assay method.
Rat DMP1 ELISA kit is designed for detecting quantitative levels of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) in rat plasma, serum and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 4.04 pg/ml.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) using this rat DMP1 ELISA kit was approximately 4.04 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 39.06 – 2,500.0 pg/ml.
- Novel sandwich ELISAs for rat DMP1: age-related decrease of circulatory DMP1 levels in male rats. Bone. (2013) 57 (2): 429-36. Sato S., et al.
- Transcriptional regulation of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) in odontoblasts and osteoblasts. Connect Tissue Res. (2014) 55 Suppl 1: 107-12. Jacob A., et al.
- Possible role of DMP1 in dentin mineralization. J Struct Biol. (2011) 174 (1): 100-6. Beniash E., et al.
- Distribution of small integrin-binding ligand, N-linked glycoproteins (SIBLING) in the condylar cartilage of rat mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. (2010) 39 (3): 272-81. Sun Y., et al.
- Recombinant expression and characterization of dentin matrix protein 1. Connect Tissue Res. (1999) 40 (4): 251-8. Srinivasan R., et al.
- Sequential expression of matrix protein genes in developing rat teeth. Matrix Biol. (1999) 18 (2): 133-43. Bleicher F., et al.
- Full Name: DMP1 ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
- Sensitivity: 4.04 pg/ml