Deoxynivalenol ELISA kit is designed for analysing rapid quantitative levels of deoxynivalenol (DON or vomitoxin) present in cereals and gyle/beer. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.08 ppm.
Deoxynivalenol (also referred to as DON or vomitoxin) is an epoxy-sesquiterpenoid, a particular type of B trichothecene. It is usually found to co-exist with a number of other toxins which are produced by the same organism that is able produce this toxin, (in particular especially zearalenone). This mycotoxin is present predominantly in grains (for example barley, wheat, oats, corn and rye) and to a less extend in sorghum, triticale and rice. The principal DON-producing fungus in grains is Fusarium graminearum, small grains (such as oats, wheat and barley) and corn are often then major crops that become affected.
In human foods, vomitoxin is not recognised as a carcinogen, this is in contrast to aflatoxin. Therefore, large amounts of grain containing vomitoxin needs to be consumed in order to pose any health risk to humans. Deoxynivalenol is regarded as a gastrointestinal irritant and also an inhibitor in protein synthesis.
DEOXYNIVALENOL ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-mouse antibody.
- Deoxynivalenol Standards 1-6: Concentration 0, 0.2, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 5.0 ppm.
- Conjugate (Deoxynivalenol-Peroxidase).
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent (PBS).
- Washing Solution (10x Concentrate).
- Instruction Manual.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of DON (vomitoxin) using current deoxynivalenol ELISA kit was 0.08 ppm. The standard range for this assay is 0.2 – 5.0 ppm.
– Deoxynivalenol (DON): ELISA
– Sensitivity: Limit of detection, LOD (0.08ppm), Limit of quantification, LOQ (0.2ppm)
– Recovery: Rice flour (107%), Beer (104%), Corn flour (102%), Oats flour (98%), Wheat flour (97%).
– Linearity: 81 – 104%
– Intra-Assay Precision: 3 – 5%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 7 – 10%
– Cross Reactivity: Relative to deoxynivalenol (=100%): 3-acetyl-Deoxynivalenol (800%), Deoxynivalenol 3-glucoside (50%), 15-acetyl-Deoxynivalenol (0.4%).
- Correlation of deoxynivalenol and fumonisin concentration determined in maize by ELISA methods. J Immunoassay Immunochem. (2012) 33 (4): 414-21. Pleadin J., et al.
- Production of anti-idiotype antibodies for deoxynivalenol and their evaluation with three immunoassay platforms. Mycotoxin Res. (2014) 30 (2): 103-11. Maragos C.M.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayin analysis of deoxynivalenol: investigation of the impact of sample matrix on results accuracy. Anal Bioanal Chem. (2014) 406 (2): 505-14. Dzuman Z., et al.
- Modified use of a commercial ELISA kit for deoxynivalenol determination in rice and corn silage. Mycotoxin Res. (2013) 29 (2): 79-88. Hiraoka H., et al.
- Deoxynivalenol in commercial beer – screening for the toxin with an indirect competitive ELISA. Mycotoxin Res. (1993) 9 (2): 99-109. Niessen L., et al.
- Full Name: Deoxynivalenol ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Beer/Gyle, Cereals
- Sensitivity: 0.08 ppm