- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Dengue virus (DENV) exists has four antigenically serotypes (DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3 and DENV-4), it is a mosquito borne viral infection which causes a flu-like illness. Dengue is a 50 nm virus, having an approx. genome of 11000 bases that is enveloped in a lipid membrane. It is a single strand RNA positive virus which is a member of the Flaviviridae (genus Flavivirus), this family also includes Yellow Fever virus, Tick-borne Encephalitis virus and West Nile virus. At present there are no specific treatment for dengue which makes early detection vital in order to reduce the rates of fatality, since the incidence of dengue has dramatically increased around the world in recent decades. Although the full global burden of this disease is unknown, recent initiation of activities to record all dengue cases partly explains the dramatic increase in the numbers which have been reported in recent years.
Human Dengue virus-IgM ELISA kit is a procedure for analysing in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgM class antibodies against Dengue virus in human plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to diagn. > 90%.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Dengue virus IgM using this human Dengue virus-IgM ELISA kit was to diagn. > 90%. The dynamic assay range for this kit is to a cut-off point.
- Evaluation of commercially available diagnostic tests for the detection of dengue virus NS1 antigen and anti-dengue virus IgM antibody. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. (2014) 8 (10): e3171. Hunsperger E.A., et al.
- Evaluation of rapid immunochromatographic NS1 test, anti-dengue IgM test, semi-nested PCR and IgM ELISA for detection of dengue virus. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. (2011) 42 (3): 570-8. Tontulawat P., et al.
- Dengue specific IgM seropositivity correlates with severe clinical outcome. J Clin Virol. (2013) 58 (4): 751. De La Cruz Hernández S.I., et al.
- Cross-reactivities between human IgMs and the four serotypes of dengue virusas probed with artificial homodimers of domain-III from the envelope proteins. BMC Infect Dis. (2013) 13: 302. Zidane N., et al.
- Optical and analytical investigations on dengue virus rapid diagnostic test for IgM antibody detection. Med Biol Eng Comput. (2015) 53 (8): 679-87. Jahanshahi P., et al.
- Estimation of dengue virus IgM persistence using regression analysis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2011) 18 (12): 2183-5. Prince H.E. and Matud J.L.
- Use of dried blood blotted on filter paper to detect dengue IgM antibody and dengue NS1 antigen. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. (2013) 44 (2): 226-31. Chakravarti A., et al.
- Full Name: Dengue Virus IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: diagn. > 90%