Human Dengue virus IgG ELISA kit is intended for in-vitro quantitative detection of IgG class antibodies to Dengue virus (Dengue virus-IgG) using human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to diagn. > 90%.
Dengue is a mosquito borne viral infection which is caused by Dengue virus (DENV), it is a single stranded RNA positive virus that belongs to the Flaviviridae (genus Flavivirus). Other member of this family include West Nile virus, Yellow Fever virus, Tick-borne Encephalitis virus and a number of other viruses which can cause encephalitis. There are 4 different antigenically serotypes of this virus that have been reported DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3 and DENV-4. Dengue is a 50 nm virus which is enveloped with a lipid membrane, the virus genome is approx. 11000 bases and the polyprotein is essentially divided into three structural proteins C, E and prM. There are also seven non-structural proteins NS1, NS2a, NS2b, ND4a, NS4b and NS5, plus a non-coding region which is located at both the 3’ and 5’ ends. The infection generally tends to be a flu-like illness, occasionally leading to developing into a potentially lethal complication which is described as severe dengue. There is no specific treatment for dengue and therefore early detection and access to proper medical care will help to lower the fatality rates. There is also a dengue vaccine that has been licensed by a number of National Regulatory Authorities for using on people between 9-45 years old who are living in endemic settings.
DENGUE VIRUS IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Dengue Virus Coated Microplate (IgG).
- Sample Diluent.
- Stop Solution.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- Dengue Virus anti-IgG Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Positive Control.
- Cut-Off Control.
- Negative Control.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG class antibodies to Dengue virus (Dengue virus IgG) using current human Dengue virus-IgG ELISA kit was to diagn. > 90%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a cut-off point.
– Dengue Virus ELISA: IgG
– Cut-Off: 10 U
– Equivocal 9 – 11 U
– Positive: > 11 U
– Negative: < 9 U
– Diagnostic Specificity: 98%
– Diagnostic Sensitivity: 100%
– Interferences: No interferences with hemolytic, lipemic or icteric samples.
– Cross Reactivity: Cross reaction to other flaviviruses should be considered when interpreting results.
- Antibody germline characterization of cross-neutralizing human IgGs against 4 serotypes of dengue virus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2014) 446 (2): 475-80. Pitaksajjakul P., et al.
- Anti-dengue virus envelope protein domain III IgG ELISA among infants with primary dengue virus infections. Acta Trop. (2015) 142: 103-7. Libraty D.H., et al.
- Detection of dengue virus. Methods Mol Biol. (2011) 665: 51-64. Tripathi N.K., et al.
- Significance of IgG optical density ratios (index value) in single reactive anti-Dengue virus IgG capture ELISA. Iran J Microbiol. (2016) 8 (6): 395-400. Chatterjee S.S., et al.
- Comparison of the Hemagglutination Inhibition Test and IgG ELISA in Categorizing Primary and Secondary Dengue Infections Based on the Plaque Reduction Neutralization Test. Biomed Res Int. (2016) 2016: 5253842. Lukman N., et al.
- Full Name: Dengue Virus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: diagn. > 90%