Human dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring DHEA-S (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection of 0.002 µg/ml.
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) is one of the most abundant adrenal androgen that is in circulation, the majority of the circulating DHEA-S is known to originate either directly from adrenal secretion or as a result of peripheral sulfation of DHEA that has been secreted from the adrenal cortex. It is found to circulate at much higher levels when compared to other androgens or related steroids. This human DHEA-S ELISA kit is an ideal for analysing human dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate concentrations either plasma or serum samples. DHEA sulfate does not require to be bound to specific proteins whilst it is in circulation, it also has a long half-life due to it being sulphated and hence is lacking in a circadian rhythm. In general, the levels of DHEA sulphate are found to start increasing after the age of seven, reaching a peak at the age of thirty and thereafter it begins to gradually decrease.
The determination of human dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate is commonly used in many clinical practices and biological research, since it is a more specific product of the adrenals and the importance of plasma assays has been strongly linked with the detection of hirsutism and adrenal hyperplasia. The following human DHEA-S ELISA kit is an ideal tool for diagnosing many types of medical applications. There have been numerous findings showing elevated concentrations of human DHEA-S in patients having adrenocortical carcinoma, hirsutism or adrenal hyperplasia. Whereas lower concentrations were detected in patients that suffer from hypopituitarism or adrenal dysfunction.
DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE SULFATE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Break apart strips that are coated with human DHEA-S antigen.
- Calibrators 0-6: Concentration 0-10 µg/ml, made from anti human DHEA-S.
- Control Low and Control High: Containing human DHEA-S antibody in serum.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of horseradish peroxidase labelled to anti human DHEA-S in buffered matrix.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 2N hydrochloric acid solution.
- Wash Solution (10x concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) using current human DHEA-S ELISA kit was approximately 0.002 µg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.03 – 10.0 µg/ml.
- Impact of DHEA(S) and cortisol on immune function in aging: a brief review. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. (2008) 33 (3): 429-33. Review. Buford T.W. and Willoughby D.S.
- Perceived stress at work is associated with lower levels of DHEA-S. PLoS One. (2013) 8 (8): e72460. Lennartsson A.K., et al.
- Mechanism of action of anti-aging DHEA-S and the replacement of DHEA-S. Mech Ageing Dev. (2002) 123 (8): 1101-6. Review. Nawata H., et al.
- Sex Steroids and Major Psychoses: Which Role for DHEA-S and Progesterone. Neuropsychobiology. (2016) 73 (3): 178-83. Buoli M., et al.
- Full Name: Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.002 µg/ml