- Created on the 15 February, 2017.
Human DHEA-S ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.002 µg/ml.
Dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) is one of the most abundant adrenal androgen that is in circulation, the majority of the circulating DHEA-S is known to originate either directly from adrenal secretion or as a result of peripheral sulfation of DHEA that has been secreted from the adrenal cortex. It is found to circulate at much higher levels when compared to other androgens or related steroids. DHEA-S does not require to be bound to specific proteins whilst it is in circulation, it also has a long half-life due to it being sulphated and hence is lacking in a circadian rhythm.
In general, the levels of DHEA-S is found to start increasing after the age of seven, reaching a peak at the age of thirty and thereafter it begins to gradually decrease. The determination of DHEA-S is commonly used in many clinical practices and biological research, since it is a more specific product of the adrenals and the importance of plasma assays has been strongly linked with the detection of hirsutism and adrenal hyperplasia. There have been numerous findings showing elevated concentrations of DHEA-S in patients having adrenocortical carcinoma, hirsutism or adrenal hyperplasia. Whereas lower concentrations were detected in patients that suffer from hypopituitarism or adrenal dysfunction.
Reagents which are supplied with the DHEA-S ELISA kit, please following instructions for storage conditions.
1. Microtiter Plate: anti-DHEA-S antibody coated.
2. Calibrators (Calibrator 0-6): 0 – 0.03 – 0.1 – 0.3 – 1 – 3 – 10 µg/ml.
3. Control low / Control high.
4. Enzyme Conjugate.
5. Substrate Solution.
6. Stop Solution.
7. Wash Solution.
Note: Additional Calibrator 0 for sample dilution is available upon request.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate using current human DHEA-S ELISA kit was approximately 0.002 µg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.03 – 10.0 µg/ml.
- Impact of DHEA(S) and cortisol on immune function in aging: a brief review. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. (2008) 33 (3): 429-33. Review. Buford T.W. and Willoughby D.S.
- Perceived stress at work is associated with lower levels of DHEA-S. PLoS One. (2013) 8 (8): e72460. Lennartsson A.K., et al.
- Mechanism of action of anti-aging DHEA-S and the replacement of DHEA-S. Mech Ageing Dev. (2002) 123 (8): 1101-6. Review. Nawata H., et al.
- Sex Steroids and Major Psychoses: Which Role for DHEA-S and Progesterone. Neuropsychobiology. (2016) 73 (3): 178-83. Buoli M., et al.
- Full Name: Dehydroepiandrosterone-Sulfate (DHEA-S) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.002 µg/ml