- Created on the 22 August, 2017.
Human CMV IgM ELISA kit is intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies to cytomegalovirus (CMV) using serum or plasma samples. This cytomegalovirus IgM ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.14 U/ml.
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) are common herpesvirus infections that can display many symptoms and are easily spread through non-sexual and sexual contact with body secretions. Infected people are able to shed the virus in their saliva or urine for many months, the virus can also be excreted in semen, cervical mucus, breast milk and stool. CMV infection can frequently develop in people who receive an infected organ transplant or transfusion of infected blood. The fetus of an infected pregnant woman may also acquire this infection during the pregnancy or even at the time of delivery. The virus tends to infect the retina of the eye, brain (encephalitis), pneumonia or even painful ulcers of the oesophagus and the intestine may develop. Blood tests can be carried out to detect antibodies to CMV, this will only confirm new infections but cannot confirm if a disease is due to reactivation of the virus (majority of cases for people with weak immune systems). In most of these cases a biopsy of the affected tissues is necessary. CMV retinitis can be confirmed by an ophthalmologist and in newborns, the favoured option for the diagnosis is by culturing the urine. Cytomegalovirus IgM ELISA kit is suitable for many different diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human cytomegalovirus IgM (CMV-IgM) using current human CMV IgM ELISA kit was 1.29 U/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 1.0 – 120.0 U/ml.
- Dual-labeled time-resolved immunofluorometric assay for the determination of IgM antibodies to rubella virus and cytomegalovirusin human serum. Clin Biochem. (2015) 48 (9): 603-8. Zhou J.W., et al.
- Maternal IgM antibody status in confirmed fetal cytomegalovirus infection detected by sonographic signs. Prenat Diagn. (2012) 32 (9): 817-21. Goncé A., et al.
- Development of a new cytomegalovirus (CMV) immunoglobulin M (IgM) immunoblot for detection of CMV-specific IgM. J Clin Microbiol. (1998) 36 (11): 3337-41. Lazzarotto T., et al.
- Comparison of five CMV IgM immunoassays with CMV IgG avidity for diagnosis of primary CMV infection. Pathology. (2012) 44 (4): 381-3. BaAlawi F., et al.
- Positive Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus IgM assays in primary HIV infection. J Med Virol. (2011) 83 (8): 1406-9. Post J.J., et al.
- Full Name: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.14 U/ml