- Created on the 11 May, 2017.
CYFRA 21-1 is a cytokeratin-19 fragment which can be used as a circulating tumor marker and it is also soluble in serum. Cytokeratin 19 has a molecular weight between 25-40 kDa, it is ubiquitously expressed in all connective tissue cells. Even though it is found to be expressed in almost all body tissues, the majority of it occurs in the lung (especially lung cancer tissues). CYFRA 21-1 is a highly specific and also sensitive tumor marker which is often used for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), it can accurately reflect the extent of the disease and the disease stage. The accurate measurement of serum CYFRA 21-1 can be used to identify high risk patients who can benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy, this also allow the early detection of progressive disease in recurrent NSCLC. Furthermore, CYFRA 21-1 has been used as a useful marker for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and during therapy monitoring for bladder cancer. The following CYFRA 21-1 ELISA assay is using two mouse monoclonal antibodies (BM19.21 and KS19.1) in order to determine cytokeratin-19 fragments.
Human CYFRA-21-1 ELISA kit is a procedure designed for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of CYFRA 21-1 (cytokeratin-19 fragment) in human serum and plasma (citrate, heparin). This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.15 ng/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human CYFRA-21-1 using this human cytokeratin-19 fragment ELISA kit was 0.15 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 3.0 – 50.0 ng/ml.
- Different cutoff values of Cyfra 21-1 for cavitary and noncavitary lung cancers. Lung Cancer. (2000) 30 (3): 187-92. Kim Y.C., et al.
- Diagnostic accuracy of cytokeratin-19 fragment (CYFRA 21-1) for bladder cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Tumour Biol. (2015) 36 (5): 3137-45. Review. Huang Y.L., et al.
- Cytokeratin-19 fragment in the diagnosis of bladder carcinoma. Tumour Biol. (2016) 37 (10): 14329-14330. Guo X.G. and Long J.J.
- Biomarkers in saliva for the detection of oral squamous cell carcinoma and their potential use for early diagnosis: a systematic review. Acta Odontol Scand. (2016) 74 (3): 170-7. Review. Gualtero D.F. and Suarez Castillo A.
- Keratins: Biomarkers and modulators of apoptotic and necrotic cell death in the liver. Hepatology. (2016) 64 (3): 966-76. Review. Ku N.O., et al.
- Full Name: CYFRA 21-1 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (Heparin, Citrate)
- Sensitivity: 0.15 ng/ml