- Created on the 17 March, 2017.
C-X-C motif chemokine 10 (CXCL10) can also be called interferon gamma-induced protein 10 (IP-10) or small-inducible cytokine B10, belongs to the CXC chemokine family. CXCL10 has been found to be vital for a number of different to roles, for example chemo-attraction for dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, T cells and NK cells, inhibition of angiogenesis and bone marrow colony formation, promotion of T cell adhesion to endothelial cells and antitumor activity. It is 8.7 kDa protein that in humans is encoded by the CXCL10 gene and can elicits its effects by binding to the cell surface chemokine receptor CXCR3. CXCL9, -10, -11 have also been found to provide essential biomarkers for the development of heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction. This indicates an underlining pathophysiological relation between the development of adverse cardiac remodelling and the levels of these chemokines.
CXCL10 ELISA kit is a method designed for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of CXCL10 (IP-10) in human biological samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 3.13 ng/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CXCL2 (IP-10) using this human CXCL10 ELISA kit was approximately 3.13 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.625 – 10 ng/ml.
- The immunobiology of interferon-gamma inducible protein 10 kD (IP-10): a novel, pleiotropic member of the C-X-C chemokine superfamily. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (1997) 8 (3): 207-19. Review. Neville L.F., et al.
- CXCL10/IP-10 in infectious diseases pathogenesis and potential therapeutic implications. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2011) 22 (3): 121-30. Review. Liu M., et al.
- IP-10 in autoimmune thyroiditis. Horm Metab Res. (2014) 46 (9): 597-602. Review. Ruffilli I., et al.
- CXCL10: a candidate biomarker in transplantation. Clin Chim Acta. (2012) 413 (17-18): 1364-73. Review. Romagnani P. and Crescioli C.
- IP-10 and type 1 diabetes: a question of time and location. Autoimmunity. (2004) 37 (5): 273-82. Review. Christen U. and Von Herrath M.G.
- Full Name: CXCL10 (IP-10) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Samples
- Sensitivity: < 3.13 ng/ml