- Created on the 5 October, 2017.
Chloramphenicol ELISA kit is intended for measuring quantitative amounts of chloramphenicol present in food and urine samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.03 ng/ml.
Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic that possesses outstanding antibacterial properties and is frequently used in the production of meat, milk and eggs. It is also used in many applications in human and veterinary medicine for example eye ointment in order to treat conjunctivitis, oral or injected into a vein to treat plague, meningitis, typhoid fever and cholera. Due to its adverse effects it has been found to cause in humans, the use of chloramphenicol as an antibiotic is restricted and in a number of situations is prohibited. There is also evidence to indicate that in humans it can lead to haematotoxic side effects such as induced aplastic anemia. Two of the main methods which have been used for analysis are gas chromatography and radioimmunoassay. The following chloramphenicol ELISA kit offer’s many advantages over the conventional methods in that no radioactive material is required, the procedure is shorter and provides sensitivity that is better than chromatographic and comparable to radioimmunoassay.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of chloramphenicol using current chloramphenicol ELISA kit was 0.03 ng/ml. The standard range for this assay is 0.05 – 50.0 ng/ml.
- Comparsion of an immunochromatographic strip with ELISA for simultaneous detection of thiamphenicol, florfenicol and chloramphenicol in food samples. Biomed Chromatogr. (2015) 29 (9): 1432-9. Guo L., et al.
- An ultrasensitive chemiluminescence immunoassay of chloramphenicol based on gold nanoparticles and magnetic beads. Drug Test Anal. (2013) 5 (5): 346-52. Tao X., et al.
- Characterisation of antibodies to chloramphenicol, produced in different species by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayand biosensor technologies. Anal Chim Acta. (2007) 592 (1): 51-7. Fodey T., et al.
- Evaluation of matrix effect in isotope dilution mass spectrometry based on quantitative analysis of chloramphenicol residues in milk powder. Anal Chim Acta. (2014) 807: 75-83. Li X.Q., et al.
- Full Name: Chloramphenicol ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Food, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/ml